By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Production Ends this week [Eurogamer] RIP

JRPGfan said:
Eurogamer didnt write that "Goodbye you weird little console" part.

Its weird to think the Wii U wont ever go much higher than 14m.
Nintendo will turn things around with the switch.

Even my worst prediction was better than that.

Anyhow, Ninty itself killed it long before stopping production.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

R.I.P Wii U, you have your issues but you also have some very good games

Mummelmann said:
Not even I could have predicted such low lt sales, my utmost pessimistic figure in 2013 was 18 million, best case was 25. Let's just hope Nintendo have taken some lessons from all this and have an actual plan in place this time around.

WOW same with mine! 23.5- 25.5m with gc-like price drop policy, 18.5m-20.5m with one price drop and 15.5-17.5m with no price drops! ( depending on when its successor would arrive, and  it's coming somewhat earlier than what I was expecting )

I feel betrayed by Nintendo, because it made my wii u predictions a huge failure with its practices, lol.

Wii u potential wasn't just 14m, it will sell like that because Nintendo abandoned it on March!  That's for those who came here to provoke those who considered 15m+ a given, are we supposed to predict Nintendo buisness moves eh? :(

Mummely, Nintendo shipped 3.6m wii u last year, nothing was stopping them to ship the half of that  this quarter in order wii u to reach 14.6m as of March 2017!  They forecasted only 800k for that fiscal year, implying that Nintendo had no other interest in it and has killed it!  This drop isn't a normal thing, it's just because Nintendo wanted to ship and sell that amount,  maybe to avoid wii u having stock after switch release.

Switch might be cheaper than wii u... Imagine if they had released switch and kept wii u, with the first costing 249$ and the second 299$! Since they can't  cut the price.

For me, wii u in history, will be the only  Nintendo's console that never had a price drop, thanks to expensive tablet controller and the home console with the smallest lifetime.

Apropos, It had been said that wii u production had stopped on march, so it wasn't true as expected, even though with Nintendo's forecast not being changed, made me to believe it! Anyway, I wonder if they have produced as much as wii u units are needed to reach the 14m milestone and to exceed the sales of Nintendo's forecast.

P.s

So, with the premature death of wii u, the wii u vs psv battle is becoming interesting again! Let's see how far can psv go with Japan and if it can finally outsell wii u... ( it  has already done it on vgc, but by  being mistakenly adjusted up by a lot  in April )

Forgive me for bringing that topic here, but it's  not my fault, someone else did it first.

R.I.P. Wii U
It was destined to fail, it was the worst home console ever made by Nintendo.
The console broke so many negative records, it's understandable that Nintendo tries to bury the console and forget it in their company history.

Dr.Vita said:

R.I.P. Wii U
The console broke so many negative records, it's understandable that Nintendo tries to bury the console and forget it in their company history.

Ill still give that to the N64.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Dr.Vita said:

R.I.P. Wii U

How dare you

Barkley said:
KLXVER said:

How dare you

I dare. A cactus covered in shit would be a more appealing controller than the N64 one.

KLXVER said:
Barkley said:

How dare you

I dare. A cactus covered in shit would be a more appealing controller than the N64 one.

Sure the controller wasn't great but the games man, the games.

KLXVER said:
Dr.Vita said:

R.I.P. Wii U

N64 had Rare back in the day.

Rest in peace Wii U, you have some awesome games. :