By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Production Ends this week [Eurogamer] RIP

Goodnight, sweet prince... ;_; You died too young, and with too few sales...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Not even I could have predicted such low lt sales, my utmost pessimistic figure in 2013 was 18 million, best case was 25. Let's just hope Nintendo have taken some lessons from all this and have an actual plan in place this time around.

Surprising, yet not so.

If the forum posters of 2012/2013 could've seen this news they'd have a meltdown, lol.

After all this time Vita outlasted it... if only thanks to Japan/Asia, lol.

Anyway, time to wipe the slate clean and hit the ground running with Switch, Nintendo.

Drakrami said:
What happened to they will continue to support the WiiU after NX? They arent even making anymore WiiUs 4 months before NX release lol.

When they say "continue to support the WiiU" It has nothing to do with hardware.. It means they will (proberly not that many) give WiiU owners some games in 2017. 

ONT.. Rest in peace.. (you will still be used many years from now)

Well guys, better keep your Wii Us.Give it a few years, and it is likely it will be worth a bit.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Well guys, better keep your Wii Us.Give it a few years, and it is likely it will be worth a bit.

*edit : double post.

Not sure how that happend.

Nautilus said:

Depends on how many titles the Switch gets enhanced editions of.

Something like Xenoblade Chronicle X will probably go up in price.

Mario kart 8? not so much (it sold so many units & the switch is getting a enhanced edition).

So less then 14m limited.

Not surprising but still sad. Looking forward to finally playing Zelda next year.

Yes! On to new and better [hopefully] things! Better buy a Wii U or 2. These things are going to be worth a lot in the future. Probably similar to how the 64 is selling.