By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will households only have one NS or will there be multiple NS?

Barkley said:
Well that depends on many things.

How many people are in the household
How many in the household are gamers
How many in the household are interested in Nintendo Games
How much expendable income do they have.
How much time do they spend gaming.

I could go on...

You forgot that Russia is going to take over after Trump gives them the key to the land and whether or not they'll allow it.
Also don't forget if aliens finally show themselves and gives out better crazy new tech. 
Also if JJ Abram is going to give a shot at taking Nitnendo movies.  That plays a big part. 

Oh I don't know, maybe use the speculation capabilities that you didn't loose at other threads that I'm sure you didn't have with all your other 2,794 posts.  Grow up.

Around the Network

One should be enough, no?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ouroboros24 said:
Nuvendil said:

First, don't look for the 3DS to die too soon. The Switch will be too expensive and frankly too bulky to replace it immediately. Nintendo's gonna ride that Pokemania wave as far as it will go, at least until the release of Dragon Quest XI and probably until the Switch can reach a lower price point. They know they can't go directly at the handheld audience with a device at around $300.   Which is one of many reasons they are currently hammering on the home console front.

Second, I would be more interested in multiple docks. So if you have a few TVs, you could hook a dock to each and move the console between them.

So, how far is the 3ds alive?  10 years?  That's sony cycle.  If 10 years, it has another 4 years ahead of it.  Think of that real quick and ask yourself if 3ds is around for another 4 years, if it has that kind of longevity.  The DS was around for 9 years.  Of those 9 years, the 3ds was around for 3 years so basically they paid lip service, but lip service half ass because there was no games at the time.  By 2012, their best game for ds was pokemon black and white 2, and nothing else notable. 2013 ds is discontinued.

Wait, what?  So docks for multiple tvs, but when you move the switch, wouln't it just play the same game that's on the switch itself?  So to say that you're jsut switching the switch.

I would say two years of actual support from Nintendo and interested parties.  The Switch should be able to get cheaper by then.  Main point is, Nintendo won't start really pitching to the handheld audience until the Switch has a chance at success there.

The docks thing is just convenience.  If you have a smaller tv in your bedroom ou could take the game from your large living room TV to your bedroom TV.  Or if you have a game room but want to take your Switch to your living room to play a party game or something.  It's just easier than moving the dock every time.

Ouroboros24 said:

Oh I don't know, maybe use the speculation capabilities that you didn't loose at other threads that I'm sure you didn't have with all your other 2,794 posts.  Grow up.

Seriously? My post was just saying households would have a varying number of devices depending on their situation. Their is no "every house will have X NS's"

If you actually got offended by my post you should take a break.

AZWification said:

One should be enough, no?

Should be, but I live in America where just one isn't enough.  Specially when pokemon is involved.  Don't you get that Nintendo wants to sell these things many times to many people in the same house?  A household in japan with 3 3ds isn't very farfetch. 

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Seriously? My post was just saying households would have a varying number of devices depending on their situation. Their is no "every house will have X NS's"

Sorry, but from my view you kinda asked for it.  If that was what you were saying, that didn't translated very well.  Because, common, that's a very no answer answer you wrote. 

But you're right.  15 minutes every 2 hours, right?

Considering that audience is dissapearing fast (parents don't buy 2-3 handhelds because they cn just give them mobile phones), so aiming for a more core audience will help them. Also, there will still be people who buy multiple Switchs, but when Nintendo offers a handheld-only, dock-less version.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I don't see the issue, you choose what you want and that's thanks to the hybrid nature of the device, so the answer is it depends.

You can buy a couple of Switches for example and have a dock in the living room plus the others in the bedrooms.
The bedroom docks don't need to be connected to TVs, they could just be used as a charging craddles.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Depends on the household

Some games will remain single player like Pokemon so if both players want to play, then they will have to take turns or buy another Switch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ouroboros24 said:
Barkley said:

Sorry, but from my view you kinda asked for it.  If that was what you were saying, that didn't translated very well.  Because, common, that's a very no answer answer you wrote. 

But you're right.  15 minutes every 2 hours, right?

I believe it is 10-15 mins every hour according to Nintendo.