By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will households only have one NS or will there be multiple NS?

That obviously depends on price, but the expectation is likely multiple.

Around the Network
Ouroboros24 said:
AZWification said:

One should be enough, no?

Should be, but I live in America where just one isn't enough.  Specially when pokemon is involved.  Don't you get that Nintendo wants to sell these things many times to many people in the same house?  A household in japan with 3 3ds isn't very farfetch. 

I agree.

In my house everyone has his 3DS. If you have 3 children, you can give them 3 2DS. Everyone can play their version of pokemon for a reasonable price.

Switch is gonna be too expensive for this scenario in my opinion.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Well if it does replace 3DS in the end, easiest way to tell is if a mainline Pokemon game drops on it then I know my household will have multiple.
Unlike 3DS though I dont see myself buying 3 of my own, which is how handhelds can sell so well.

multiple.
But not so soon.
Wait (2 years?) them release a portable and cheaper version that replace 3DS.

ktay95 said:
Well if it does replace 3DS in the end, easiest way to tell is if a mainline Pokemon game drops on it then I know my household will have multiple.
Unlike 3DS though I dont see myself buying 3 of my own, which is how handhelds can sell so well.

Yea, my main problem is that it can't fit in your pocket.  I won't be taking this to work with me and storing it in my locker for break times.  I can barely fit my N3DS XL in my pocket now.  So I'll continue to use my 3DS during breaks at work.  They'd need to make a NS Lite to convince me to carry outside my house.  I'd maybe bring it to a friends house but probably unlikely also.

Around the Network

In my house there will be two of them.