By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taylor Swift is the new Madonna, but not in a good way...

Ouroboros24 said:
Zkuq said:
Isn't this basically slut-shaming? You know, it's none of your business who other people hang out with, sexually or otherwise, unless they're having sex with your wife of something.

Bro, you're ruining the mood here.  I'm not saying it was bad, it's just a topic to chew the fat about.  Believe me when I say I have no political stance about getting it on or getting it on more and more and more.  General discussion, please let's not get on any soap box your or I. 

Let me turn this ship to a different direction.  What do you think of the two and the similarities they both have. 

I have a really hard time seeing what your point is then, but whatever.

Similarities? I don't know, Taylor Swift isn't big here so I'm not too familiar with her (and I'm not terribly impressed by her music anyway), and I'm not a huge fan of Madonna either. And sorry, I just don't follow celebrities. :P

Around the Network
Ouroboros24 said:
EspadaGrim said:
Taylor's Relationships gets sh*t on because of her song writing style and the fact that they are very personal and detailed. I think that it is unfair because there are many famous woman that have a ton of failed High-Profile relationships and they never catch the amount of flack that she does.
(Although I understand the criticism of her recent relationship with Tom)

To be fair though, she deserves all that coming to her for capitalizing on her failed relationships.  I mean she's a musician, write other stuff about other things.  I know she probably writes about this stuff to make herself feel better and she turns that into songs, but stop putting it out there.  You don't hear Katy Perry dissing all the dudes she's been with.

I do agree with you there

Zkuq said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Bro, you're ruining the mood here.  I'm not saying it was bad, it's just a topic to chew the fat about.  Believe me when I say I have no political stance about getting it on or getting it on more and more and more.  General discussion, please let's not get on any soap box your or I. 

Let me turn this ship to a different direction.  What do you think of the two and the similarities they both have. 

I have a really hard time seeing what your point is then, but whatever.

Similarities? I don't know, Taylor Swift isn't big here so I'm not too familiar with her (and I'm not terribly impressed by her music anyway), and I'm not a huge fan of Madonna either. And sorry, I just don't follow celebrities. :P

True, true.  The thread is basically a throw away.  I don't usually do general discussions, but I just saw an article about Madonna and another actor, then I saw another article of TS about another musician, and that's when the whole topic came to mind. 

But yeah, TS music isn't what's propelling her around the world as it seems with you as an example. 

i was hoping for some kind of NSWF pics to be in here. i will leave disappointed.

Taylor dates just as much as any normal person who actually dates....hell she has longer relationships than most her age have lol

Preston Scott

Around the Network

Saying Taylor Swift is the new Madonna is the same as saying Kanye West is the new NWA.

Taylor Swift isn't ground breaking, and neither was Britney Spears.

It would be much more accurate to say Britney Spears was the next Debbie Gibson, and Taylor Swift was the next Avril Lavigne.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I forgot in today's day and age women still get shamed for enjoying sex. Pretty pathetic.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Jumpin said:
Saying Taylor Swift is the new Madonna is the same as saying Kanye West is the new NWA.

Taylor Swift isn't ground breaking, and neither was Britney Spears.

It would be much more accurate to say Britney Spears was the next Debbie Gibson, and Taylor Swift was the next Avril Lavigne.

Bro, I never said TS is the new madonna becasue of musical talent.  I'm talking about how many dudes they get.  That's all.  Don't you get it, this thread is all garbage talk. 

alternine said:
I forgot in today's day and age women still get shamed for enjoying sex. Pretty pathetic.

Bro, I'm not shaming anyone.  This is a garbage thread.  In the same way the guys talk about which news anchor is the hottest.  My money is on Megyn Kelly.  For you to respond is like lowering yourself.  I already know it's pathetic.  I agree with you, but would you have me stopped and not express my needs to be a jerk?

Google next Madonna.... And look at your images, that's who the next Madonna is going to be, but she'll probably be bigger in the end

mM