By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taylor Swift is the new Madonna, but not in a good way...

shikamaru317 said:
I miss the old Taylor Swift. Ever since she switched from country to pop her music has been meh imo.

She did it to be more mainstream I guess considering that two of her Biggest Hits before the 1989 album were (We are never getting back together) and (I knew you were trouble) both very pop songs.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Google next Madonna.... And look at your images, that's who the next Madonna is going to be, but she'll probably be bigger in the end

I get images of Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Neither are nearly as impactful. Katy seems to be similarly successful though.

The only thing she has in common with Madonna is being a music star that switched musical categories to become even more famous (Madonna - R&B to general pop, Taylor Swift - Country to general pop).  Outside of that, not really seeing it. Madonna at her apex sold her persona on fusing sexuality and haute couture. She laid the groundwork for today's artists to do that. Swift's roots seem to ground her in comparison.

LurkerJ said:
leo-j said:
Google next Madonna.... And look at your images, that's who the next Madonna is going to be, but she'll probably be bigger in the end

I get images of Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Neither are nearly as impactful. Katy seems to be similarly successful though.

I should have just said lady gaga, but oh well

The Katy and Miley labels are super competitive and tried to put the two as legends, it's w.e 

mM