By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Switch has 4GB of ram in RETAIL units, leaked specs might not be farfetched

so looking at the tech spec pages on wikipedia for PS2 & Xbox, apparently Xbox had 2x the RAM yet they shared a shitload of games.........

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Fight-the-Streets said:
Oh Man! Why people always have to make a big drama about such things. Do you really think a bunch of idiots sitting at Nintendo hardware development team and just suck out the 4 GB of RAM out of nowhere, just coming with a random number and say: "4 GB of RAM is enough, 3x Nintendo Wii U's RAM must be enough?"

It's weird to me that people aren't giving Nvidia enough credit to do something wizardry with the hardware for the Switch. After reading their own press release, it really looks as if Nintendo gave up the driver seat to Nvidia to lead the way on this project. I don't think I've ever seen a time in Nintendo's history where they developed a system and the company behind the heart and soul of the system is as involved in every facet like Nvidia has stated...

Nvidia's own desktop gpus continue to beat AMD's with less RAM and even less memory bandwidth in most  cases. I don't see people referencing those situations, when this is still the same company partnered with Nintendo on the Switch that makes those gpu's as well.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yes, it will be enough for their own projects and for most japanese devs's AA - A projects and indies. But western companies are going to have a hard time accepting that..

I'd argue that's all Nintendo needs. Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, and Battlefield aren't going to save or kill Switch.

LOL like Wii U

Nemesis1993 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I'd argue that's all Nintendo needs. Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, and Battlefield aren't going to save or kill Switch.

LOL like Wii U

Care to explain?

Ganoncrotch said:
oniyide said:

there werent really alot of games ported FROM the PS360 none of the sports examples are true as the Wii version was pretty much closer to the PS2 versions if not the same. Its support, but its still not close to the support that PS360 at least in content

Ps2 ports did not feature Mii support or those additional games... nor the motion controls which were added to the Wii titles, as well as the obvious fact that Fifa 15 was on the Wii but... not the PS2.

Fifa aside though The likes of CoD4, World at War and Black Ops did not feature a PS2 version to start on, they were built as X360/PS3 titles and then were ported down to a machine with less than 1/6th the power... because Money.

Yes, but you also need to realize that those later PS2 games were *literally* roster updates and minimal roster updates. The one of the last PS2 FIFA games was worked on by two people for about three weeks. Total. I saw them do the work. What actually happened with the Wii version is that they ported the PS2 copy of the game, added mii support and motion control support, and a wii-friendly menu, supported that a few years. Then they outsourced the development of the game, and drew up a contract that required minmal changes and revisions besides a front end change, uniform updates, stadium updates, and a roster update, and just rode it out until the sales no longer justified that minimal development cost. They did the same with all of their other sports titles as well for the PS2 and the Wii, and they're doing the same for PS3 and Xbox 360 now. I have no reason to think they haven't been doing this for legacy platfomrs for decades.

Around the Network
Nemesis1993 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

LOL like Wii U

Wii U had Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Arkham City, Mass Effect, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K all on day 1 and it sold like shit.

Those types of games are not going to decide whether Switch is a success or failure.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Nemesis1993 said:

LOL like Wii U

Care to explain?

I am not saying just about these games,but without big western studios support like Wii U for me will be a big issue,of course if this is a home console like they said.

Nemesis1993 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Care to explain?

I am not saying just about these games,but without big western studios support like Wii U for me will be a big issue,of course if this is a home console like they said.

You own a PS4, correct?

zorg1000 said:
Nemesis1993 said:

LOL like Wii U

Wii U had Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Arkham City, Mass Effect, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K all on day 1 and it sold like shit.

Those types of games are not going to decide whether Switch is a success or failure.

Sport games and port of 7th games ¬¬ where is the Witcher 3,Metal Gear Solid V,Fallout 4,Destiny,Batman Arkham Knight...try understand I am not saying just about these games,I am saying about big AAA western games,like Red Dead Redemption 2,Mass Effect Andromeda next year,without 3rd AAA party support,it's like Wii U

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Nemesis1993 said:

You own a PS4, correct?

PS4 and 3DS,why?