By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony needs PS4 to sell ~100m+ to match last gens sales

The PS3 sold around 86m while the PSP sold around 80m, so roundabout 165m units total.

The PS4 is currently at 44m and the Vita at 15, totalling at roundabout 60m units. And we are already three years into this generation, so half of the time is already over! Now this is the moment when we should be running around in circles and scream, because come on, do the math: the Vita is dead, there is nothing more to come from that department, I mean, like seriously. And then we have 44 times 2 which equals only 88m units! That's only half of last gen, folks!

So, what can be said about this disastrous numbers? Well, I think Sony has no other way than go full mobile. Yep, you heard it here first.

Around the Network

Ps4 only needs to match/beat PS3 sales. Vita needs to match/beat PSP sales, which it failed to do.

I see what you're trying to do here but bait is bait.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

PS4 needs to do at least 4x PS1. So 400mil imo.

Vita needs only 10mil to be extremely successful cuz smartphones but 3ds needs to double DS sales because reasons.

X1 no1 cares

You showed Kerotan who is the boss around here!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I dont see why the Ps4 needs to match the sales of the ps3+psp combined and not just the ps3.
Portable consoles are a different market.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
PS4 needs to do at least 4x PS1. So 400mil imo.

Why stop there

It needs to sell a console for every game released on it so let's up it to 1 billion

Makes sense. It would be not that good of an achievement if it didn't surpass PS3 and then some on it's own.

Love the dog piling on OP though, fangs be out.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Makes sense. It would be not that good of an achievement if it didn't surpass PS3 and then some on it's own.

Love the dog piling on OP though, fangs be out.

OP is saying +100M from now, not +100M.

When you manage to sell 100m+ units and people still consider you a failour.

Life in hard son.

Also its possible PS5 isnt due until 2020,... which would mean we re not yet halfways though the gen.

And whats to say that after the PS5 launches, they dont keep selling a few PS4pro's here and there?

PS4 could still go beyound 100m.