By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Somebody excited to play skyrim again?

excited! 30 31.91%

Nah 47 50.00%

fu ros dah 17 18.09%

Total:94

Got back onto the PC to find SSE is done and installed and the new site for SSE mods is even up with mods available for day 1.

Life is good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/?

Going to download that unofficial SSE mod patch asap.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Nope, I've tried to play it twice and I think it's a mediocre game at best. World is a bit samey, plot is... well, it's awful. Dialogue is really clumsy. And characters are the most souless they can get. It totally breaks any immersion it could have. Well, it's a common issue with Bethesda. I cannot get into Fallout. Now, Doom is awesome xD.

pokoko said:
Bristow9091 said:
I played it originally on PC, only put about 40-50 hours in, but decided I really enjoyed it, enough to get the Special Edition, think I'm gonna' go for the PS4 version this time around though, since I've not played it on a console yet... just a shame we don't get "proper" mod support, although to be honest, the majority of the mods I used could easily be made on PS4 too since I never had any texture packs or imported models or anything... although it would be fun to have those, but that's what I have my PC for! :P

Question by the way; Does anybody know if mods will disable trophy/achievements? Not sure what the list is, but surely you can use mods to make some trophies easier to get?

Yeah, they do.  If you're on PC, you can download a mod to re-enable them, though I never bothered.  Dunno about on consoles.

I'll be replaying Skyrim in a week or two, after mods are hopefully sorted out.  Put 500 hours into it the first time but I never beat it.  It will be kind of tough going back, considering all the advances in mechanics and engine design with Fallout 4.  I hope a lot of that shows up in this version of Skyrim.  

I like Fallout better by a significant margin but I am looking forward to playing Skyrim again.  I think I'll go Necromancer.

here be the mod in question: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/?

Ready for day 1.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I got fed up with the ps3 version but I might give it another try

I am waiting for the digital foundry report about the ps4 version. Don't want another ps3 version. I stopped playing when it froze on me several times while crossing the river.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
I am waiting for the digital foundry report about the ps4 version. Don't want another ps3 version. I stopped playing when it froze on me several times while crossing the river.

I was playing the pc version and at least this one runs wayyy better than the original.

shikamaru317 said:
onionberry said:

exactly!

The verdict is in, I seem to be getting between 30 and 50 fps on Ultra. Not really all that great considering Fallout 4 has much better graphics and I can play it at about the same framerate on my PC. 

solid 60fps for me, and runs better than the original because for some reason I had micro stuttering. without the godrays your framerate is going to improve a lot, same with fallout 4.

No, I have no desire to replay Skyrim. It didn't appeal to me the same way as Oblivion.

However, I will eventually go back to the 360 version and continue my progress with side quests. I'm not gonna get it on X1 because my saves won't transfer.

Bottomline, I don't want to start over and its the same game. So I'm fine with the 360 version if I want to play more Skyrim.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I would... but i have hopelessly been sucked in by WoW:Legion. I got no time for it.

Not really, no. I'm going to test it since it'll be a free upgrade, but it doesn't really have that many benefits over the old version.