By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Somebody excited to play skyrim again?

excited! 30 31.91%

Nah 47 50.00%

fu ros dah 17 18.09%

Total:94
BasilZero said:

Just got the Special Edition for free on Steam!

Yayness :)

I have to wait 19 hours 

Around the Network

I don't think so. The combat is still and awful and the story, if thats what you'd call it, is really boring. I like some of the world in it but the setting... a Nordic place that resembles medeval Sweden/Norway doesn't really do it for me since I'm not big on a fantasy world that resembles too closely a place I could walk outside and be in, Im in the Pacific Northwest. But yeah, idk. Open-world games aren't really my cup of tea. Especially if the setting and story aren't compelling.

Now if it looked more like medival England or France -or a very different looking setting like ancient China or Japan. Then I'd be more interested in the series

I'm looking forward to diving back in again. It's been 3 years since I last played Skyrim, so I think I've given it enough of a break. 

Although it's not the ebst kind of remaster, I don't mind how it is entirely. it comes with enhancements like lighting from Fallout 4 as well as improved water. The draw distance in general seems to have improved a bit.

I'll be playing it as is this weekend, but I will be downloading mods using Nexus Mod manager over the next few months to bring the game up to spec.

A heads up forthose wanting to mod Skyrim SE, the guys over at NMM site have stated that they will support mods for SSE as a standalone game, rather than being joined at the hip with the original Skyrim. This means it will have it's own mod path as well as the mods being hosted on a different site that will be launched in the coming days. 

The news: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12920/?

The new site for Skyrim Special Edition mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/?

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Bristow9091 said:
I played it originally on PC, only put about 40-50 hours in, but decided I really enjoyed it, enough to get the Special Edition, think I'm gonna' go for the PS4 version this time around though, since I've not played it on a console yet... just a shame we don't get "proper" mod support, although to be honest, the majority of the mods I used could easily be made on PS4 too since I never had any texture packs or imported models or anything... although it would be fun to have those, but that's what I have my PC for! :P

Question by the way; Does anybody know if mods will disable trophy/achievements? Not sure what the list is, but surely you can use mods to make some trophies easier to get?

Yeah, they do.  If you're on PC, you can download a mod to re-enable them, though I never bothered.  Dunno about on consoles.

I'll be replaying Skyrim in a week or two, after mods are hopefully sorted out.  Put 500 hours into it the first time but I never beat it.  It will be kind of tough going back, considering all the advances in mechanics and engine design with Fallout 4.  I hope a lot of that shows up in this version of Skyrim.  

I like Fallout better by a significant margin but I am looking forward to playing Skyrim again.  I think I'll go Necromancer.

onionberry said:
BasilZero said:

Just got the Special Edition for free on Steam!

Yayness :)

I have to wait 19 hours 

Just got mine too, the pre-load and time remaining is going to kill me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
onionberry said:

I have to wait 19 hours 

I was lucky to get mine because I bought the Elder Scrolls Anthology collection last year for $30 off of Amazon.

Came with all 5 games and all DLC/content too :P

So I got both physical copies and the steam keys as well.

fantastic deal!

i got mine preloading right now!

pre-loaded it nearly half an hour ago and it's almost done. The sad part is waiting nearly a day to be able to play it.

I didn't even want to play it the first time. No idea what the big deal was.

Wait, is Skyrim free on Steam, or is it just the HD version for the ones that own the game already? Either way, I'll probably get the Switch version if it's not broken or too gimped.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I loved oblivion but hardly played skyrim maybe 10 hours. I'm either gonna get switch or ps4 version