By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch size comparison to WiiU gamepad + N3DS XL

Cloudman said:
After reading some people talk about the Vita, that would be a fun comparison to see as well. How does the size of the Switch compare to the Vita?

So the screen size of the Vita is about 5 inches. Considering this is about 6.2 - with a pretty similar design tbh... it's like the Vita but bigger.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Doesn't look any less confortable than a PsVita.

Playstation Vita is perfectly made for portable gaming and fits the hands of the player very good unlike Nintendo Switch. 

May I have your Switch since you are so unhappy with it ATM?

fleischr said:
Cloudman said:
After reading some people talk about the Vita, that would be a fun comparison to see as well. How does the size of the Switch compare to the Vita?

So the screen size of the Vita is about 5 inches. Considering this is about 6.2 - with a pretty similar design tbh... it's like the Vita but bigger.

Yeah, it certainly looks that way. I just wonder by how much. Also, assuming people can take the joycons off, that could make it easier to carry the console around. Just put the screen in one pocket, and the joy cons in another, making it even easier to carry it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

that's very interesting!

it looked bigger on the plane footage!

Switch!!!

Lawlight said:
Won't fit in a pocket. The Vita barely fits in a pocket and not while you're sitting so be prepared to carry a backpack.

Well, if it isn't Negative Nintendo Nancy Lawlight. Still feel the urge to go into every Ninty thread available?

As to the content: I'm a bit surprised, that the display-part of the switch with the joycons removed is sized pretty much as the closed 3DSXL. This fits comfortably into the breast pocket of my coat and into the pocket of my cargo-trousers. So maybe I have to put the controllers in the other breast-posket, but the full switch should fit into my trouser-pockets. That is smaller than I expected.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Doesn't look any less confortable than a PsVita.

Playstation Vita is perfectly made for portable gaming and fits the hands of the player very good unlike Nintendo Switch. 

The switch isn't even on the market, how could you know how comfortably it fits the hands?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

fedfed said:
that's very interesting!

it looked bigger on the plane footage!

It it is really long though. With the joy cons on - it's got to be over 8 inches long.

I liken it to holding a big tasty sandwich! Easy to hold, but you can't really hold that in your pants lol

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Cloudman said:
fleischr said:

Yeah, it certainly looks that way. I just wonder by how much. Also, assuming people can take the joycons off, that could make it easier to carry the console around. Just put the screen in one pocket, and the joy cons in another, making it even easier to carry it.

That makes it also easier to lose some of the parts if you carry them around separately ;)

Had no issues pocketing my Vita or 3DSXL so fine with this size wise.

Conina said:
Cloudman said:

That makes it also easier to lose some of the parts if you carry them around separately ;)

Yeah, that is a possibility too.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread