By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "You shouldn’t assume what you saw on the video represents actual Switch game footage"

HyrulianScrolls said:
I mean this was obvious to me. They all looked Wii U level of graphics, so I certainly hope the system is capable of more.

It better be capable of more if it's more powerful than the WiiU..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

This is NIntendo we are talking about. non of that crap about frame rates even enters their minds. They gave the videos to someone to put them together. Also lets be honest how many people stopped to over analyse each game footage?  most people go ok mario game mario kart zelda skyrim nba and think nothing of it except seems like it will have a few more games that wii u at launch.

I wouldn't say "analyse". Watching it for the first time was enough no notice the framerate of BotW when portable. I don't think it will be like that when released, of course. They have months ahead. But I fear that this will make people think the handheld portion is underpowered.

However, the video clearly sends the message that it will have a good launch line-up. I'm couting on a Mario Kart port too. Add a Pokémon game and a Smash port and it's a damn good killer launch line-up.

Lawlight said:
onionberry said:

Sony said this was gameplay

https://youtu.be/b-4HNmuEAKg

Huge lie of course

So you're talkig about the Killzone reveal from more than 11 years ago as opposed to the recent Killzone reveal?

Yeah, they lie as fuck, you seem to be taking this simulated screen too serious when its something standard for advertisment, ahhh be we gotta push that anti Nintendo agenda.

dgboweniii said:

The ultimate bait and SWITCH?

This is masterfull

Nautilus said:
potato_hamster said:

I'm sure similar disclaimers worked out well for Alien: Colonial Marines.

DonFerrari said:

Fine letters are almost the exact definition of misleading, because you show one thing with the intent of other and make very little effort to prevent the confusion.

As any other game could.Its good to be skeptical, but too much of it will just make you paranoid.

Yes any other game could, but here we are talking about the ones that are doing it.

Faelco said:
DonFerrari said:

Fine letters are almost the exact definition of misleading, because you show one thing with the intent of other and make very little effort to prevent the confusion.

Even the fine letters disagree with the PR talk.

"Images not final" is not the same thing as "Not real images". "Footage not final" is not the same thing as "You shouldn't assume that it's actual game footage". The first one implies that they're still working on it for the console and it can still changes before the release. The second one implies that it could be anything from a BS footage made at the last minute to a fun unofficial project made by some employees at home, running on anything from a toaster to a NASA computer. So, the first one implies that the project currently looks like that but could still evolve a bit in the last few months before release, the second one implies "SURPRISE !!". Not the same thing.

I agree... and the best part is that most is assuming that this is because they are using WiiU footage and that it shall be better than that (on dock it probably will), but that could also be a cover for the HH run looking worse. And it's tottally strange people saying like it is normal to not have a single game that at least have a demo or build that could properly showcase the hw.

Cobretti2 said:
KLAMarine said:
A disclaimer would have been nice, Nintendo.

Great, fine letters on the last second... that is totally to inform and not to cover their ass.

HyrulianScrolls said:
I mean this was obvious to me. They all looked Wii U level of graphics, so I certainly hope the system is capable of more.

Or in HH mode it could look worse but they will let you dream until then.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

onionberry said:
Lawlight said:

So you're talkig about the Killzone reveal from more than 11 years ago as opposed to the recent Killzone reveal?

Yeah, they lie as fuck, you seem to be taking this simulated screen too serious when its something standard for advertisment, ahhh be we gotta push that anti Nintendo agenda.

Is 24/7 when there's hype or any kind of good news. Deep inside is only fear of a massive change on the narrative.

Around the Network
-snip-

bunchanumbers said:
So the gameplay footage was fake. More than likely it will look worse.

Probably like a handheld game.

I suspect every game on NS will look like a handheld game.  When you're holding the system, in your hands.

m_csquare said:
Cloudman said:
Yeah, it's fair enough that some people may be upset the games shown may not be real ones, and that they should have shown actual games, but it works fine here, as the purpose of the reveal was to show off the console, and they accomplished that. And the actual games will come at a later point in time. No problems here.

Aka "it's ok if nintendo does it"

It's like ppl suddenly forget that NMS trainwreck

Wait... what do either of those things have to do with my comment..?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Goodnightmoon said:
onionberry said:

Is 24/7 when there's hype or any kind of good news. Deep inside is only fear of a massive change on the narrative.

It's the same on every front, not just Nintendo, and it's nothing to do with fear. People just like to trash talk the "other team".

There's members on here from Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo that are equally as bad.

No, I am sorry, but this is unacceptable IMO. I get that they add gameplay footage post production, but thus far the only AAA game that was confirmed for the Switch is Zelda, and even that is a cross generation game. This was a botched attempt. They should have shown at least 3 other major titles from themselves, to actually get excited about the upcoming software lineup (games that will actually make it to the system).

I am pretty certain that the software support will be there (that's why I will put down my money on it) but game wise the reveal was abysmal. There is no other way to put it. Nintendo was always with the mantra that games sell a system, where are the games 5 months from release?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!