By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "You shouldn’t assume what you saw on the video represents actual Switch game footage"

Lawlight said:
onionberry said:
I see people, even with evidence, don't wanna believe that every game was a simulated screen. ok guys, ok.

It's a shame that they have to release "bullshots" videos.

it's a shame that tons of companies use simulated screens, but it's reality. phones, cars, etc etc, green screens everywhere. I mean, I prefer a simulated screen than a fake zelda tech demo or a fake killzone demo, like they once did.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

This is NIntendo we are talking about. non of that crap about frame rates even enters their minds. They gave the videos to someone to put them together. Also lets be honest how many people stopped to over analyse each game footage?  most people go ok mario game mario kart zelda skyrim nba and think nothing of it except seems like it will have a few more games that wii u at launch.

Apparently what happened what that Nintendo gave the editors less Zelda footage to work with than footage that needed to be shown, so they literally slowed the footage down to stretch the time.

That's what I heard, anyway.

onionberry said:
Lawlight said:

It's a shame that they have to release "bullshots" videos.

it's a shame that tons of companies use simulated screens, but it's reality. phones, cars, etc etc, green screens everywhere. I mean, I prefer a simulated screen than a fake zelda tech demo or a fake killzone demo, like they once did.

Pretty sure Killzone: Shadow Fall was being played in real time during its reveal.

spemanig said:
Cobretti2 said:

This is NIntendo we are talking about. non of that crap about frame rates even enters their minds. They gave the videos to someone to put them together. Also lets be honest how many people stopped to over analyse each game footage?  most people go ok mario game mario kart zelda skyrim nba and think nothing of it except seems like it will have a few more games that wii u at launch.

Apparently what happened what that Nintendo gave the editors less Zelda footage to work with than footage that needed to be shown, so they literally slowed the footage down to stretch the time.

If they did that them the footage would be slowed down, not stuttering.

Lawlight said:
onionberry said:

Pretty sure Killzone: Shadow Fall was being played in real time during its reveal.

Sony said this was gameplay

https://youtu.be/b-4HNmuEAKg

Huge lie of course

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
spemanig said:

If they did that them the footage would be slowed down, not stuttering.

I don't really know. I just heard some guys talking about it, and I'm pretty sure one of them works at gamespot.

onionberry said:
Lawlight said:

Sony said this was gameplay

https://youtu.be/b-4HNmuEAKg

Huge lie of course

So you're talkig about the Killzone reveal from more than 11 years ago as opposed to the recent Killzone reveal?

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:
Didn't they say the same thing about Wii U ... those weren't actual games (NSMBU and Nintendo Land's mini-games and Wii Sports Club) ... but they basically did turn into actual games, lol.

NBA 2K and Skyrim are the two that may or may not happen because it's up to a third party.

Why would at all showed at all NBA 2k and Skyrim running at Switch if they don't coming on Switch. There is zero sense, not to mention that both Bethesda and 2K confirmed support of Switch.

BRUH bethesda said Skyrim is not coming to Switch and they put it in their to support the conole.

Yeah, it's fair enough that some people may be upset the games shown may not be real ones, and that they should have shown actual games, but it works fine here, as the purpose of the reveal was to show off the console, and they accomplished that. And the actual games will come at a later point in time. No problems here.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Yeah, it's fair enough that some people may be upset the games shown may not be real ones, and that they should have shown actual games, but it works fine here, as the purpose of the reveal was to show off the console, and they accomplished that. And the actual games will come at a later point in time. No problems here.

Aka "it's ok if nintendo does it"

It's like ppl suddenly forget that NMS trainwreck