By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Calls Scorpio “The Only Console” Capable Of “True 4K” and “Hi-Fidelity VR”

Imaginedvl said:
COKTOE said:

My source is the weak Canadian dollar. lol. Just speculating, but most everything is bad here now. PS4 Pro being a notable exception, which is selling for roughly $150 less than it should be. With the exchange as it is, it should be around $640 here, (rough estimate) but its only $499. PSVR is $650 WITHOUT the bundle though. Ha. No break there. It all depends on what MS does. Again, speculation. But fairly grounded speculation. New games are $80-$100 dollars now. :( Even Vita games are $60--$70 with tax. A few cost even more. I wait for sales more than ever now, but with the Vita, that's impossible. Gotta pay full or suck my thumb.

Well yah our dollars is not as good as it was against the USD anymore but I'm already use to it hehe

But yah, it can be quite striking sometime. When I bought my Hololens for something close to 5000$ CAD (with taxes); it had quite an impact on my gaming/gadget "budget"

In any way; I'm fine with the scorpio being between 499$ and 699$ CAD 

I would be best if it didn't hit more than $499 here. $699 isn't unreasonable but it will undoubtedly impact it's adoption rate in a negative way. I have not been following Hololense, at all, since it's unveil. Didn't even know it was out. Do you have the Development Edition?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
exclusive_console said:
I am not digging the 4K hype at all and not getting 4K TV anytime soon. I will take gfx fidelity in 1080P mode than running medium-low setting at 4K.

I don't care too much about 4K, but  they will atleast be able to deliver full HD games without trouble.

Only if developers include such an option.

Guitarguy said:
SweetTalia said:
Chuckles*. So much salty tears. Can't wait to see what the Scorpio is capable of. Keep up the good work MS..

Getting outsold 2:1 worldwide, yeh great work MS.

Chuckles**. Funny thing is I expected a reply like that from someone.. this force field is becoming way too predictable.. ha.

Anyways, not sure what my comment have to do with sales or anything but sure thanks for letting me know. 

Looking forward to the Scorpio.MS did a great job on the Xbox S. keep up the good work MS

Praise the One.

Promises from microsoft, yeah, remenber project natal and tha powah of the cloud?

Xbox fan are drooling over the 6tflops promise, but consider this, in PSX in 2017 just after the release of the all mighty Scorpio, Sony comes out and say "one year from now we will launch PS5 with 12 tflops" all of Scorpio hype could die a few days after the release.

I'm a betting man and I'm not putting my money on MS "horse" this soon, the game isn't even in the half break.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Sony won't have a PS5 in 2018.

1) AMD doesn't cycle so quickly.
2) The process and technology has to be there, let alone cost effective.

If Scorpio is holding out until tail end of 2017 because the process is not there until so, there surely wont be anything more powerful Sony could be designing the PS5 with today (or in the coming year) to release a year later.

These things are planned ahead of time in concert with the chip maker's capabilities/embedded GPU cycles. Scorpio is likely packing to the brim what can fit in a chip that they can sell at their target console launch pricepoint.

People having a field day claiming Scorpio is is going to so out of reach in cost surely are saying the PS5 will be $800-1000...no? Let's be realistic.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
Mafioso said:

If Scorpio is holding out until tail end of 2017 because the process is not there until so, there surely wont be anything more powerful Sony could be designing the PS5 with today (or in the coming year) to release a year later.

These things are planned ahead of time in concert with the chip maker's capabilities/embedded GPU cycles. Scorpio is likely packing to the brim what can fit in a chip that they can sell at their target console launch pricepoint.

People having a field day claiming Scorpio is is going to so out of reach in cost surely are saying the PS5 will be $800-1000...no? Let's be realistic.

Yeah, I think the PS5 will launch holiday 2019. 2018 is just too soon.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Mr Puggsly said:
DialgaMarine said:

In a time when XB1 was having to run last gen remasters at 720p/ 30 FPS, while PS4 was running 95% of it's games in native 1080p, Sony certainly wasnt wrong. There's a pretty substantial difference between that and just outright lying. 

What last gen remasters are running 720p/30 fps? The only 720p/30 fps games I can think of are Quantum Break and Dead Rising 3.

Again, I said MS's choice of words was bad. If anything, Scorpio will be able to do "True 4K" in some of the best looking 8th gen games. That's the message I assume they're going for.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition was only 720p/ 30 FPS on XB1, vice 1080p/ 60 FPS on PS4. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

This is hilarious... 900p vs 1080p all over again except the roles are reversed...  resolution doesn't matter now matters, resolution matters but now it doesn't. When PS3 showed better graphics MS camp replied with sales... now's the same hahahaha but on reverse... 
When indy games were glorious on 360 they didn't matter to Sony camp... then PS4 had them in drove and they all mattered... flip flopping both camps are guilty of it...

Normchacho said:
Mafioso said:

Yeah, I think the PS5 will launch holiday 2019. 2018 is just too soon.

Unless of course they go for a very similar design to Scorpio for parity's sake.

Not to mention...to announce an iterative console just one year after releasing your first iterative console  to the console you released 3 yrs ago....i mean that would not go too well with consumers, let alone make financial sense. You are devaluing the financial value of your hardware investments  in a portion of the business where your margins are lucky to ever cover you marketing costs....and you are literally placing a short shelf life in the minds of the consumer who is paying for a PS4 'Pro'.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

ManUtdFan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I'll be honest though I'm with Mummelman on this, I'd much rather them pump that extra juice into a rock solid 1080p/60fps experience with really nice looking settings applied, sort of like the extra detail they pumped onto horizon using the pro power boost, I'd happily take nicer looking 1080p than barely scraping by to 4k just for the sake of pleasing digital foundry if I'm honest.

Frame rate > resolution > everything else (esp. pointless effects the master race wank over)

Well.... pointless effects are by their name pointless, but I definitely wouldn't rate things like FXAA and MXAA as being pointless effects, which ones are you talking about? also probably best to tone down the dislike for the group you're talking about just even one tiny bit, I don't think anyone actually does that over effects.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive