By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Calls Scorpio “The Only Console” Capable Of “True 4K” and “Hi-Fidelity VR”

Imaginedvl said:
infesta said:

Ps4 Pros has 218GB/s
Xb1 Scorpio has 320GB/s

Scorpio has 47% more memory bandwith + 4GB more Ram

Scorpio will be ~50% above Ps4 Pro in pretty much all parts.
GPU, Memory, CPU
That is different from Ps4 vs Xb1, where just the GPU of the PS4 was 50% more powerful, but Memory on par and CPU even slighlty in favour of Xbox One

Well... I do not think anyway will argue that the Scorpio is way more powerfull than the Play Station Four Pro :)

Now, the +4GB of ram are just speculations and Microsoft never confirmed that (I actually doubt it).

384bit bus can only be 12GB of Ram
They can't hit that 320GB/s target with 256bit bus and just 8GB of Ram, without using (to) expensive and energy hungry GDD5X Memory (that would be the same Memory, the Nvidia GTX 1080 is using)

Around the Network

This is false and deceptive, and it shows something about Microsoft's marketing.

It's false because the PS4 PRO is and will be the first to do 4K. The hi-fidelity VR is with the original PS4 right now as hi-fidelity just means showing something as it was designed to show. The PSVR even brings that picture at 120fps and that's faster than the other VRs' out there.

The only leeway Microsoft allowed themselves here is the absence of the comma. This legally can't be advertised on PS4 PRO's release day and anytime after. As the line of "first console with native 4K and hi-fidelity VR" will belong to the PS4 PRO.

The existence for this is really about how Windows internet works. It's advertisement in itself. Self promote with search engine. People searching for TV's type in "4K", this will pop up with the results. People wanting "VR" and this shows up as XBox being first.

infesta said:
Swordmasterman said:
What is the difference in Memory between PS4/Xbox One and Scorpio ?

Even if a game like Minecraft runs at 4K on the Switch or the Pro, this doesn't means that the Xbox One is the only console with true 4K.

Ps4 Pros has 218GB/s
Xb1 Scorpio has 320GB/s

GPU, Memory, CPU
That is different from Ps4 vs Xb1, where just the GPU of the PS4 was 50% more powerful, but Memory on par and CPU even slighlty in favour of Xbox One

That is incorrect. 

Xbox One Ram: 8 GB DDR3 @ 68.26 GB/S + 32 MB ESRAM @ 218 GB/S

PS4 Ram: 8 GB GDDR5 @ 176 GB/S

The PS4 has a huge memory advantage.

Also, the only things we know about the Scorpio CPU are that it will have 8 cores, and that the won't be the new Zen cores. That means that we'll likely see a better CPU than the one in the Pro, but it probably won't be vastly more powerful.

Edit: It's not 47% more memory bandwidth AND an extra 4 GB of Ram. It's 47% more memory bandwidth BECAUSE it has 4 extra GB of Ram.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
infesta said:

Ps4 Pros has 218GB/s
Xb1 Scorpio has 320GB/s

GPU, Memory, CPU

That is incorrect. 

Also, the only things we know about the Scorpio CPU are that it will have 8 cores, and that the won't be the new Zen cores. That means that we'll likely see a better CPU than the one in the Pro, but it probably won't be vastly more powerful.

Edit: It's not 47% more memory bandwidth AND an extra 4 GB of Ram. It's 47% more memory bandwidth BECAUSE it has 4 extra GB of Ram.

so if they use 24gb ram instead of 12gb, the memory is just half as fast? :D
or if they use 6gb ram instead of 12gb, the memory is faster?

bandwitdth has nothing to do with ramsize

I am not digging the 4K hype at all and not getting 4K TV anytime soon. I will take gfx fidelity in 1080P mode than running medium-low setting at 4K.

Around the Network
exclusive_console said:
I am not digging the 4K hype at all and not getting 4K TV anytime soon. I will take gfx fidelity in 1080P mode than running medium-low setting at 4K.

I don't care too much about 4K, but  they will atleast be able to deliver full HD games without trouble.

RidingMower said:
This is false and deceptive, and it shows something about Microsoft's marketing.

It's false because the PS4 PRO is and will be the first to do 4K. The hi-fidelity VR is with the original PS4 right now as hi-fidelity just means showing something as it was designed to show. The PSVR even brings that picture at 120fps and that's faster than the other VRs' out there.

The only leeway Microsoft allowed themselves here is the absence of the comma. This legally can't be advertised on PS4 PRO's release day and anytime after. As the line of "first console with native 4K and hi-fidelity VR" will belong to the PS4 PRO.

The existence for this is really about how Windows internet works. It's advertisement in itself. Self promote with search engine. People searching for TV's type in "4K", this will pop up with the results. People wanting "VR" and this shows up as XBox being first.

The PS5 Exists. 

infesta said:
Normchacho said:

That is incorrect. 

Really? Mind you, I'm not hugely tech savy, but I've always understood memory bandwidth to be the total carrying capacity of the system memory.

For example, if the Xbox One had 16 GB of the same type of memory, its memory bandwidth would be twice what it is at 8 GB.

Seems I am incorrect though. So, what metric shows that total amount of work system memory can perform?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
infesta said:

Really? Mind you, I'm not hugely tech savy, but I've always understood memory bandwidth to be the total carrying capacity of the system memory.

For example, if the Xbox One had 16 GB of the same type of memory, its memory bandwidth would be twice what it is at 8 GB.

Seems I am incorrect though. So, what metric shows that total amount of work system memory can perform?

not for (G)DDR ram

it's all about the BUS and Frequenzy
the BUS, tho has something to do with the Ramsize

Normchacho said:
infesta said:

From the top of my lack of knowledge what I know is that if you had the same number of memory packs but just doubled the capacity then your bandwidth would still be the same, but if you keep the capacity but double the number of units then your bandwidth doubles.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."