By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Calls Scorpio “The Only Console” Capable Of “True 4K” and “Hi-Fidelity VR”

Mr Puggsly said:
Hynad said:

Sony never lead anyone to believe the PS4 Pro would be running everything in native 4K.

Cerny made it quite clear that they're using checkerboard in the first ever presentation of the PS4 Pro. They have never claimed all the games will be native 4k. If you were lead to believe everything was running 4K, that's on you, and your comprehension abilities.

Yet for some reason a lot of people boasting about 4K on PS4 Pro. You can't blame them either, 4K was the focus of that event.

My comprehension abilities aren't the problem. Given the leaked specs I knew 4K was improbable. But they pushed so hard on 4K, it lead people to believe they made it happen.

Do you have sources or proof of this lot of people pushing PS4 as native 4k machine capable? As far as I remember a lot of people were just asking if it was possible not assuming as a 100% occurence

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yet for some reason a lot of people boasting about 4K on PS4 Pro. You can't blame them either, 4K was the focus of that event.

My comprehension abilities aren't the problem. Given the leaked specs I knew 4K was improbable. But they pushed so hard on 4K, it lead people to believe they made it happen.

Do you have sources or proof of this lot of people pushing PS4 as native 4k machine capable? As far as I remember a lot of people were just asking if it was possible not assuming as a 100% occurence

Yeah, Google around.

Frankly, it became news when people learned it wasn't really doing 4K in the games shown.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Imaginedvl said:
COKTOE said:
The price of this thing is going to be murder in Canada. But, were I an Xbox guy, I'd be stoked.

Did not know we had details about pricing yet, especially in CAD. Care to share your source?

In any case I expect something around 499$-599 USD / 599-699$ CAD which is perfectly fine with me or maybe your source are talking about something higher?

My source is the weak Canadian dollar. lol. Just speculating, but most everything is bad here now. PS4 Pro being a notable exception, which is selling for roughly $150 less than it should be. With the exchange as it is, it should be around $640 here, (rough estimate) but its only $499. PSVR is $650 WITHOUT the bundle though. Ha. No break there. It all depends on what MS does. Again, speculation. But fairly grounded speculation. New games are $80-$100 dollars now. :( Even Vita games are $60--$70 with tax. A few cost even more. I wait for sales more than ever now, but with the Vita, that's impossible. Gotta pay full or suck my thumb.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, Google around.

Frankly, it became news when people learned it wasn't really doing 4K in the games shown.

You are the one making the claims so please show this a lot of people... and even more, if you say Sony was leading them to this conclusion then certainly that should be the majority of the comments and understanding right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Mr Puggsly said:
Hynad said:

Sony never lead anyone to believe the PS4 Pro would be running everything in native 4K.

Cerny made it quite clear that they're using checkerboard in the first ever presentation of the PS4 Pro. They have never claimed all the games will be native 4k. If you were lead to believe everything was running 4K, that's on you, and your comprehension abilities.

I don't really care by the way, for the price its stil a significant upgrade. But if you can't see the irony of the 4K focus and what PS4 Pro can actually do... well think about it a little.

The ones who don't spend their life on forums and videogames websites don't really care if the games are rendered natively or using whatever technique to achieve similar result. The end result is an image that's much improved compared to 1080p, and only possible to enjoy if you have a 4K TV. That's the only thing that counts to most people.

The only irony in what the PS4 Pro can and can't do, is that Sony thought it was fine to omit the inclusion of a UHD BD player in the console they built as their first push for 4K displays. That's actually quite dumb of them.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, when Phill said their console (Scorpio) would be better prepared and would have less compromisse to deliver 4K that were no issue at all, because the power difference would grant that. But when they are lying about PS4Pro not having any native 4k them it's not the same (and now with 4k you will be able to play halo 4 times better than on X1, everybody will do HS =])

Its fair to argue MS's word choice is bad given PS4 Pro will have some 4K content.

I'm not sure what's worse. MS's bad word choice, or the 4K push on a platform that struggles with 4K.

This. MS talking about "true 4k" here is no more misleading or corporate twisting of words than all the 4k shit Sony has said about the PS4P, which actually struggles to hit 4k pretty much across the board and does not even support UHD disc playback. Sure, they have a list of native 4k games. But it's full of remasters, ports, and games that are not at all demanding. Fucking VizionEck is on it, lol.

They are putting themselves in a shit or get off the pot situation though. There will be plenty of justifiable backlash if their games aren't hitting native 4k.

walsufnir said:
Imaginedvl said:

The fact that you are replying to this thread shows otherwise :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1298961

It's a conspiracy and you have to open your eyes to see the truth. Read the thread according to the context of this thread and you will see it.

Hynad said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't really care by the way, for the price its stil a significant upgrade. But if you can't see the irony of the 4K focus and what PS4 Pro can actually do... well think about it a little.

The ones who don't spend their life on forums and videogames websites don't really care if the games are rendered natively or using whatever technique to achieve similar result. The end result is an image that's much improved compared to 1080p, and only possible to enjoy if you have a 4K TV. That's the only thing that counts to most people.

The only irony in what the PS4 Pro can and can't do, is that Sony thought it was fine to omit the inclusion of a UHD BD player in the console they built as their first push for 4K displays. That's actually quite dumb of them.

Boom. Agree. Regarding he ommision of UHD BR on PS4 Pro....I mean, personally, I'm still upgrading my dvd's to blu-ray, so I don't mind too much. Blu-rays are just fine for me, and I actually have a very nice 4k tv. But UHD BR should have been a part of the Pro feature set. I would have started to buy some UHD BR disks if it were. As it is, it's something I will use for Pro gaming, and naught else atm.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mr Puggsly said:
DialgaMarine said:
What is it with MS and just blatantly lying now? "Best selling console in US", "Scorpio is the only true 4K gaming console"? They must really think lowly of their fans to believe they're this stupid. Although, looking at the YouTube Xbox fan camp, they're not wrong...

If Sony said 1080p makes you a better gamer to mock X1 lack of it. I don't see the problem with boasting about how their platform is better designed to achieve 4K.

In a time when XB1 was having to run last gen remasters at 720p/ 30 FPS, while PS4 was running 95% of it's games in native 1080p, Sony certainly wasnt wrong. There's a pretty substantial difference between that and just outright lying. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Hynad said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Seems like an odd decision, but so far all narratives converge for it being easy to make it 4k UHD bluray player if sony decides... perhaps as said they are trying to sell a little more BD players as they already know how much being a BD player helped or tarnished their sales of PS3 so they probably know how much the feature is worth against their gains in other markets and their dominance on consoles.

brainwashing ads...