By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anyone excited for Doctor Strange? - 86 million FW overseas!

Doctor Strange?

He'll yes! 40 52.63%

yeah 14 18.42%

no 12 15.79%

Hacks no 5 6.58%

maybe 2 2.63%

see results 1 1.32%

other post below 2 2.63%

Total:76
super_etecoon said:
Isn't anyone else completely tired of all the comic book movies? You guys have an insatiable appetite for repitition. Guess I understand now why there can be a COD every year and a Fifa and a Madden.

Not sure why COD, FIFA, and Madden get a bad rep for being repetitive and Pokemon of all things doesn't, but ok.

OT: Not a fan of Cumberbatch and not a character I ever cared for, so I'll wait for the Blu ray release. Shame that most movies struggle to make a profit while superhero movies don't.

Around the Network

240 M domestic and 600 M worldwide

It was a pretty good movie. It's a pretty straightforward journey of the hero type story, and it shares a lot of similarities to the first Iron Man and Thor. Brash arrogant person who cares only about their ego learning to become a hero and all. But, it's well acted, it has really good visuals, and it doesn't spend too much time trying to build up the universe at the expense of its own story.

It's pretty much a standard Marvel movie, and at this point you should know whether you want that or not.

JWeinCom said:
It was a pretty good movie. It's a pretty straightforward journey of the hero type story, and it shares a lot of similarities to the first Iron Man and Thor. Brash arrogant person who cares only about their ego learning to become a hero and all. But, it's well acted, it has really good visuals, and it doesn't spend too much time trying to build up the universe at the expense of its own story.

It's pretty much a standard Marvel movie, and at this point you should know whether you want that or not.

This.

At the end of it, I was craveing more though.... they could have made it a hour longer and spent more time building up the universe of it.

I enjoyed it that much.

This could be another successfull movie series, along the lines of Iron man.

I hope they make another soon.

Not all Marvel super hero movies are equal though.

Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron man, and Doctor Strange, stand abit above some of the others.

I want to see it so bad!! :D

Around the Network

Blew me away when I saw it at the imax a few weeks back. Gagging to see it again actually.

Big MCU fan here.

I really liked it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

spurgeonryan said:
miqdadi said:
It's really good I saw it, actually I was waiting for it

Did you hate or love Batman vs. Superman?

That seems to be the question to ask with any  superhero movie.

Neither, that movie got lost in directions, they should've decided what they are building before hand, but it was OK in the end

Dr strange was always one of my fav comics, so I was there on opening day, it's really good with action, arts, customs, & great acting

spurgeonryan said:
I will gamble and say 90 plus million @nymeria

Close.

I really enjoyed it, loved th euse of magic and wild visuals of various dimensions.  Only thing I wanted is for it to be longer to show more training.  Also pleased the ending was clever and not what I expected.  Curious if Strange will show up in Thor or Avengers now as want to see him interact with other heroes. 

I am going to try to go see it this weekend.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo