Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Vs 3DS Graphics

Tagged games:

Switch Graphics will be....

Just over WiiU Level 38 57.58%

On par with Xbox One 21 31.82%

Between Xbone and Ps4 pro 7 10.61%

Total:66

Well, I kinda understand what Nintendo meant with that one picture back then:

The NX was meant to be available alongside 3DS and WII U. But, that still doesn't make sense when they are stopping to produce the Wii U.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

The top image is not what I saw in the reveal trailer... :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

They will be under the Wii-U level because even the best GPU in the world cannot make up the loss of a powerful CPU. The ultra-low-power ARM CPU used just cannot compete with real AMD64 based home consoles this is why PS4 and X1 games will not be able to be ported but IOS and Android games will.

Look at the games, look at the poor Zelda framerate, look at the recent devkit-rumors. The NX will be more like the Ouya but Nintendo could directly port all games to IOS and Adroid easily. And 3rd party games will be mobile games only.

Why not compare blurry Dreamcast Screenshots to Blurry Xbox 360 screenshots. I really do not get this comparison at all.

For a holy figure it's sake you can't make a device as powerful as a Xone portable without a big fan, without it getting freaking hot and hAve a very shot bartery lifd. Yes tablets are getting stronger and yes hardware gets more efficient. But it isn't possible yet to make a affordable portable console that can run games like FFXV or Tomb Raider with the same settings as an Xone. It will be a bit more powerful than the Wii U and games will look good, but due to it's design it will be closer to the Wii U than the Xone in therms od power.

Is this a bad thing not necessarily because it probably will be afordable and games look pretty great on smaller screens. As for docked mode I'd the tablet gets more power and cooling in their, higher clock speeds should be possible. Which could ensure it's games are locked at 720p minimal and many first party games will run in 1080p probably.

Just don't expect a big leap between the Wii U and NS.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

240p, don't need to be told about NS.

Peh said:

Well, I kinda understand what Nintendo meant with that one picture back then:

The NX was meant to be available alongside 3DS and WII U. But, that still doesn't make sense when they are stopping to produce the Wii U.

Its just some PR shit to make them look good/keep the system selling. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

etking said:

They will be under the Wii-U level because even the best GPU in the world cannot make up the loss of a powerful CPU. The ultra-low-power ARM CPU used just cannot compete with real AMD64 based home consoles this is why PS4 and X1 games will not be able to be ported but IOS and Android games will.

Look at the games, look at the poor Zelda framerate, look at the recent devkit-rumors. The NX will be more like the Ouya but Nintendo could directly port all games to IOS and Adroid easily. And 3rd party games will be mobile games only.

You do realize that the Jaguar was AMD's low-end mobile line in 2013, right?

"The AMD Jaguar Family 16h is a low-power microarchitecture designed by AMD, and used in APUs succeeding the Bobcat Family microarchitecture in 2013 and being succeeded by AMD's Puma architecture in 2014. It is two-way superscalar and capable of out of order execution. It is used in AMD's Semi-Custom Business Unit as a design for custom processors and is used by AMD in four product families: Kabini aimed at notebooks and mini PCs, Temash aimed at tablets, Kyoto aimed at micro-servers, and the G-Series aimed at embedded applications. Both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One use chips based on the Jaguar microarchitecture, with more powerful GPUs than AMD sells in its own commercially available Jaguar APUs."

High-end ARM CPU's in 2016 outperform or match them. 

Even back in 2013 ARM CPU's of the time were holding their own.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/SoC-Shootout-x86-vs-ARM.99496.0.html

While the Jaguar used in the benchmarks above is weaker than the XBO's cpu (and by transitivity the PS4's), so is it true that the Tegra 4's 4x Cortex-A15 are much less powerful than the minimum 4x Cortex-A57 in the NS. And it is quite ridiculous to suspect that any of these CPU's will perform inferior to the Wii U's quite old Power 750 architecture.

I am glad we're seeing handheld to handheld comparisons. Because that is what the Switch is.

etking said:

The Wii U was using a tri core Power PC CPU based on a 15 year old design. The Switch's CPU will run circles around it. What a silly statement to make. Escpecially considering how weak the CPUs in the XB1 and PS4 are.