By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Says No Information on Game Titles or Spec Information for Switch until 2017

They will probably announce everything during January at an event or even a big Direct, like January 2013 was for Wii U. This doesn't surprise me at all. But I won't complain, at least we know it's an interesting system, more powerful than Wii U and probably with tons of Nintendo games right out of the gate. That's more than enough for me.

Patiently awaiting for a full blowout on the games.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Well thats not smart.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

spemanig said:
Nintendo is playing everyone like a fiddle, which is awesome. The whole production has been ace. Even the wait, in context.

I don't think Nintendo is really "playing anyone". 

This thing was supposed to be out this holiday, this whiffed on that, now it doesn't really benefit them much to talk too much about something that won't be for sale, especially given its portable nature, when they still want to sell 3DS' this holiday. 

Isn't it obvious why? It's another Wii type system that isn't going to be anywhere near as powerful as rival consoles. Not that I'm complaining, but all of you are sure as hell going to.

The situation is probably similar with the games. It probably isn't that robust of a launch lineup. This is obviously the case, but all of you will certainly act betrayed and shocked when you're told as much.

My guess - they want to avoid questions about the line-up and hardware-related items like the battery life. It'll be bad PR to say that their handheld has a 3-hour battery life.

Around the Network

That's a really dumb move. This is like we're still pretty much in NX mode before yesterday, hardly anything has changed with the "reveal"

Def not getting a Switch until 2018, i'd rather get a discounted 3ds this holiday and grab a Switch after a price drop instead of playing along with this stupid game. Newsflash Ninty, millions of us do not trust you, and that wasn't made any easier after choosing to display Skyrim+NBA as third parties and the same Wii U games. Concept is nailed, but that's not nearly enough

Worse console "announcement" in a long time, easily avoidable if the trailer had been accompanied by concrete info.

Ka-pi96 said:
That`s surely a joke?

WTF would they wait until just a couple months before release to actual give the details that are most important?

Probably so that another company doesn't steal their game ideas ...

The PS5 Exists. 

A mess, they shold have saved the reveal for January and just had a press blowout for a full 2months, and pre orders up from day 1 of the reveal.

Nintendo's PR strategy is VERY strange lately. I can understand their moves, but still what they're doing is strange.

Oh, fuck off... -___-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---