By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Switch dock only for charging and TV-out

COKTOE said:
KLXVER said:

and I might be wrong, but I dont think it has a touchscreen, so this thing really could be 250 bucks.

Now that is an interesting thought. It seems like such a given that it never would have occured to me that it might not have a touchscreen.

Not a single person in the trailer even taps the screen a single time and pictures explaining the Switch on Nintendos site doesnt mention it at all.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
COKTOE said:

Now that is an interesting thought. It seems like such a given that it never would have occured to me that it might not have a touchscreen.

Not a single person in the trailer even taps the screen a single time and pictures explaining the Switch on Nintendos site doesnt mention it at all.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about the trailer since you brought this up, and realized that too! I wonder how a lack of touchscreen would be received by the masses? Both casuals and hardcores.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, I was actually thinking about the trailer since you brought this up, and realized that too! I wonder how a lack of touchscreen would be received by the masses? Both casuals and hardcores.

Its fine by me, but I could see it being an issue for others.

This is good news. That means the dock won't hike the price up.

So that means below 300? Perhaps 250...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Hmmm...Dock power?

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021

KLXVER said:
COKTOE said:

Yes! One would hope this would this would be the case since the power we can estimate it will have should not command too high of a price.

and I might be wrong, but I dont think it has a touchscreen, so this thing really could be 250 bucks.

I have a feeling it won't have a touchscreen either. Which...Not a HUGE deal, but it's certainly an odd omnission in 2016.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

WagnerPaiva said:
I have an idea: what if the Switch uses only part of the CPU/GPU while in handheld mode and the whole thing while in dockstation mode?
It could be the case, to save pwer specially.

Would make the vents/fans on the docks and dev kits make a little more sense. They don't want the damn things melting down when they're being used as a portable. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I am really surprised people were thinking it would be more than this

ok, this confirms that it is a handheld, and also goodbye 3rd parties

so either they underestimate their customer's intelligence, or they are exiting the console market from the back door

unless they decide to put the "Supplemental Computing Device" patents into use, I find the home console claim to be misleading

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^