By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

Lawlight said:
1. The concept is neat but poorly executed. Instead of a portable gaming system, they made a tablet. I still don't where I could be using this. Maybe on the plane but I can just as well use my iPad which is a multipurpose device.

2. The games don't seem great either as it's more of the same unappealing Nintendo IPs but that's subjective, of course.

3. The controllers still look cheaply made and uncomfortable.

Overall, it just looks like the WiiU 2 to me.

Essentially I agree with the cheap looking controller and the fact its basically Wii U 2. Its the vibe I get, not that its a bad thing, at least in my eyes. Pokemon and Fire Emblem fans from the 3ds have a LOT to look forward to.

I guess Im looking at it in the wrong light. As a handheld and home console owner, I look at this from a HC perspective and feel meh. But the possibilities it gives handheld only games is pretty huge.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Boutros said:

You said it had to be similar to XBO in power minimum...

There's a huge difference between the Wii U and the XBO. I'm pretty sure halfway in-between can run Skyrim Remastered.

Half way in between is still well above the Wii U and not Wii U level like the OP thought, it's not even just texture that are improved in the remastere either despite some of them being 4K it also has higher resolution over the original, improve effects over the original, improved lighting, improved depth of field, mapping and all. With all of these it wouldn't run half way between the two so it must be in range of it.

That depends mostly on the resolution target. The X1 is running the Skyrim remaster at 1080p, and there are much more graphically complex 1080p titles on the X1. A console half as powerful should certainly be able to run it at least 720p, and something between the WiiU and X1 would be above that (this all mostly ignoring the CPU; on that front i'd expect the Switch to be at minimum close to the PS4 and X1. They're low-spec and cheap, and anything much below it would make it a much harder sell for multi-plats).

The Switch could very well be in range of the X1, but at least as far as the Skyrim remaster goes, i'm confident in saying it doesn't have to be.

potato_hamster said:
fleischr said:
The fact it appears to have the best 3rd party support for a Nintendo console since the SNES is really enticing.

How is this any different than the Wii U at launch? Most of those companies were on board at launch for the Wii U, took their shot, and then ate the loss.

Maybe we will get a Battlefield 1 without DLC, 6 months rushed Madden and FIFA.  Skyrim will be non game of the year edition.  CoD with only one game instead of two.  If that is the case then we know it is Wii U all over again.

- The look of it
- The name, yes I think the name is quite good
- The new Mario
- The trailer was very well made and shows off the system's capabilities and purpose quite well

Dislikes:

- Nothing

I'm just curious as it how the portable part works. Does it need wifi or maybe a sim?

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
potato_hamster said:

How is this any different than the Wii U at launch? Most of those companies were on board at launch for the Wii U, took their shot, and then ate the loss.

Maybe we will get a Battlefield 1 without DLC, 6 months rushed Madden and FIFA.  Skyrim will be non game of the year edition.  CoD with only one game instead of two.  If that is the case then we know it is Wii U all over again.

COD had BLOPS 2 and Ghosts on Wii U, I own them both.

The real point is however, that Wii U had quite a bit of thord party support year one. 

I really liked the console reveal... the only down point is that it doesn't seem like you can use the power of the dock while having second screen.

Really liked the option to put the portable as a mini tv screen and holding the controler em each hand or doing 2p gaming... really good idea.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Overall, I like it very much. I don't think there's much for me to dislike. I'm not sure it will be a success though, but I really like it.

Zekkyou said:
Wyrdness said:

Half way in between is still well above the Wii U and not Wii U level like the OP thought, it's not even just texture that are improved in the remastere either despite some of them being 4K it also has higher resolution over the original, improve effects over the original, improved lighting, improved depth of field, mapping and all. With all of these it wouldn't run half way between the two so it must be in range of it.

That depends mostly on the resolution target. The X1 is running the Skyrim remaster at 1080p, and there are much more graphically complex 1080p titles on the X1. A console half as powerful should certainly be able to run it at least 720p, and something between the WiiU and X1 would be above that (this all mostly ignoring the CPU; on that front i'd expect the Switch to be at minimum close to the PS4 and X1. They're low-spec and cheap, and anything much below it would make it a much harder sell for multi-plats).

The Switch could very well be in range of the X1, but at least as far as the Skyrim remaster goes, i'm confident in saying it doesn't have to be.

I'm thinking you are right on this. It doesn't strike me as being one of the graphical powerhouses of the gen by a very wide margin

bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How is that relevant to what I said? It doesn`t change the fact that there are people who couldn`t care less about such a feature.

I found it funny that he games during his kids school plays, lol. Worlds best parent.

The first time you sit through a very boring play, recitial, singing engagement then you will know the pain of being the worlds best parent.  Why act like you care after the 100 performance.  As long as you are there is all they care about anyway and they will tell you the whole thing again anyway which is way more important to them.