By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

Scisca said:

s-Wii-tch

One must give thanks to all the gods that didn't happen.

Around the Network

To me my first reaction was: ''This is the last Nintendo console''

I do not see the appeal in it. Ive been trying to find positives,but i cant

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Liked that it doesn't actually seem too big.
Liked the power it has as a handheld device!
Liked the look of the games shown (MK8, Splatoon, New MARIO!!!!)

Dislike the detached controller.
Dislike that it doesn't seem it will be powerful as a home console.

Overall though much better then I expected!

Teriol said:
Wyrdness said:

Really, do you think that could mean it's possibly higher than the base model X1 then?

Thats exactly what i think, Bethesda was not sure of a port of skyrim on xbone (ignoring install base) just for possible graphical downgrade... but they are releasing skyrim EE on Switch with zero install base, so this  tell us that there are no graphical doowgrades on the swicth version because if that were the case probably Bethesda was not releasing it on that platform, dont you think?

With all the people who love to use side by side pics or youtube vids that go in depth with this stuff I think we'll know soon enough.

Soundwave said:
The "mini" controllers held horizontally look uncomfortable as hell too.

So tiny.

Its sorta cute how small these controllers are.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
The fact it appears to have the best 3rd party support for a Nintendo console since the SNES is really enticing.

How is this any different than the Wii U at launch? Most of those companies were on board at launch for the Wii U, took their shot, and then ate the loss.

I am eating crow right now, and shall be hitting the pre-order button when I get home from work.

twintail said:
bigtakilla said:

For me

The games that were there looked cool. Always down for Mario/Kart, Splatoon, ect.

Didnt realise ports would be such a big thing. 

People like and hate different things...... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

sethnintendo said:

+ Integrated library
+ Cart based

- Goodbye proper D pad on main unit. Only with a Switch Pro controller is where you get a proper D pad it looks like. I'm sure the main unit one is functional but it appears more spread out due to trying to sub for a b x y of two players
- Can I fit that thing in my pocket?

D-pad only really matters that much for fighters. If you play Smash, getting a pro controller will be a must.

And no you cant fit it in a pocket. Its a tablet, those generally need to be carried around in a bag.

Teriol said:

Thats exactly what i think, Bethesda was not sure of a port of skyrim on xbone (ignoring install base) just for possible graphical downgrade... but they are releasing skyrim EE on Switch with zero install base, so this  tell us that there are no graphical doowgrades on the swicth version because if that were the case probably Bethesda was not releasing it on that platform, dont you think?

Ok that's a good point as I definitely recall Bethesda not long ago (literally 1 or 2 months ago) saying that hardware was why they never bothered in recent gens, we can at least speculate it's in X1 performance range other wise the Switch version wouldn't exist like you pointed out.