By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

it has all the things i was expecting to not like:
1. as a handheld it is too big to be portable.
2. as a home console the power is very dated
3. the controller looks bad
4. this probably isn't going to be wii levels of cheap so i'm taking hits on things i want in a console without having that at least offset by price.

visually the console looks more professional than my expectations,.. much better than wiiU.

at least it will be well supported by nintendo's first party. i still am not convinced third parties are going to take it seriously. i imagine this will be (under the hood) complicated compared to xbox or playstation's architecture.

Around the Network

+ Hybrid

- Controllers

Big unkowns

Price
Games

Like:

- I CAN NOW PLAY SPLATOON, MK8 AND THE COMING ZELDA BOTW ON THE GO!!!!! This is massive for me!

- The controllers seems easy to attach and detach and to use/explain to others.

- The idea of local Multiplayer sounds really fun

- The console is small

Dislike:
- The colour

- Maybe the small side controllers are too small that it will be uncomfortable to play by itself. But attachingto the other things may fixed that.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wyrdness said:
Teriol said:

Thats exactly what i think, Bethesda was not sure of a port of skyrim on xbone (ignoring install base) just for possible graphical downgrade... but they are releasing skyrim EE on Switch with zero install base, so this  tell us that there are no graphical doowgrades on the swicth version because if that were the case probably Bethesda was not releasing it on that platform, dont you think?

Ok that's a good point as I definitely recall Bethesda not long ago (literally 1 or 2 months ago) saying that hardware was why they never bothered in recent gens, we can at least speculate it's in X1 performance range other wise the Switch version wouldn't exist like you pointed out.

there is one other thing, Nvidia Flops =/= AMD Flops, the diference is like this  1.0 Nvdia flop = 1.3 AMD flop

34 years playing games.

Augen said:

Big unkowns

Price
Games

I would add battery life to that big unknown list.

Around the Network

1. The concept is neat but poorly executed. Instead of a portable gaming system, they made a tablet. I still don't where I could be using this. Maybe on the plane but I can just as well use my iPad which is a multipurpose device.

2. The games don't seem great either as it's more of the same unappealing Nintendo IPs but that's subjective, of course.

3. The controllers still look cheaply made and uncomfortable.

Overall, it just looks like the WiiU 2 to me.

I didn't dislike anything, really would like to see specs and price, battery life as well.

Honestly I liked everything, it's exactly how I wanted it to be. Console Pokémon baby!

Augen said:
+ Hybrid

- Controllers

Big unkowns

Price
Games

Price is definitely going to decide if I day 1 it.

sethnintendo said:

I would add battery life to that big unknown list.

I'd guess ~5 hours, but good point.

I often play 3DS and PSV at home while they are plugged in charging so hope tablet on the Switch has that ability.