By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

Bad name
Poor physical design
Looks like you cant use controller and screen in tandem
Mini controllers look very limited...how do you play NBA2k with only an a and b button?
Looks too complicated for children, and too easy to lose those snap controllers.

That said, Persona 5, Pokemon, and Mass Effect will put one in my home.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

The "mini" controllers held horizontally look uncomfortable as hell too.

So tiny.

I thought the controller looked cool and they advertised to switch function as seamless which would be great as the OS wasn't a smooth experience on Wii U. The breaking down and attaching of controllers looked nifty.

Overall, I'm kinda surprised that this is it. It's a very powerful handheld with a docking station.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

+ Integrated library
+ Cart based

- Goodbye proper D pad on main unit. Only with a Switch Pro controller is where you get a proper D pad it looks like. I'm sure the main unit one is functional but it appears more spread out due to trying to sub for a b x y of two players
- Can I fit that thing in my pocket?

Soundwave said:

Graphics look mediocre if I'm honest. Slightly better than a Wii U.

Good for a portable, but will be terrible for an actual home console.

720p for most games is likely going to be the norm.

Zelda did not look any better at all, Mario looked like it was running right off a Wii U. 

Yeah, surprised Zelda didn't look any different 

Around the Network

I wonder if any of the Kingdom Hearts games will come back to a Nintendo console after this. So far it looks good to me. I dislike the name though. I would have to see more to garner a better perspective of the system. Initially, I like it so far. I really hope Nintendo reel in some 3rd party games and add an achievement system. This would really be good. Buying day 1 regardless!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Arminillo said:

Looks like you cant use controller and screen in tandem

What do you mean by this.  There are a couple instances in trailer that show people using pro controllers while just a screen.  Mainly the splatoon team right before they went into stadium in trailer.

I liked all it.

There are only two things I'm not happy about. No CDProjekt RED on devs list (Wither 3 on the go would be awesome) and the fact that they've missed the incredible opportunity to name the console the...

s-Wii-tch

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Wyrdness said:
Teriol said:

actually Bethesda was having big problems running 4k skyrim especial edition on xbone, it is a very intense graphical game its a 4k game.

Really, do you think that could mean it's possibly higher than the base model X1 then?

Thats exactly what i think, Bethesda was not sure of a port of skyrim on xbone (ignoring install base) just for possible graphical downgrade... but they are releasing skyrim EE on Switch with zero install base, so this  tell us that there are no graphical doowgrades on the swicth version because if that were the case probably Bethesda was not releasing it on that platform, dont you think?

34 years playing games.