By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Preview Trailer

Ganoncrotch said:
thismeintiel said:
Interesting. However, this thing needs to be $199, $249 AT MAX, for it to succeed. If Nintendo thinks they can get $299-$399 for this thing, they're fooling themselves. Also, that Dpad is pure shit.

Keep in mind you are paying one time for 2 devices more or less, I mean I have the Vita / PS4 for a similar effect here which features some cross buy games, but this is one payment for both your handheld and your home console device, and every time you buy a game for it... you have both versions by default because it's the same system, given the 2 console rational I could see it being closer to 400 and still be happy with the cost as long as the software is there to back it up.

Exactly. I think anyone expecting $250 or less are fooling themselves. It is simply not possible, unless Nintendo offers the portable part alone.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Not and hardware expert, but let's say that the console has a similar power than One/PS4, and powered by a Nvidia chip. What could it be a resonable price, knowing now the form factor, that the console is portable, and the dock won't really add to the price that much? I've seen a lot of people posting random numbers, but I would like something more specific.

I actually really like the design. I'll need to see how it feels in my hands to be sure, but it looks nice.

(sorry I don't have anything more interesting to add 79 pages in xD)

Goodnightmoon said:

I just needed to share this:

LOL XD

Yeah this is the only combo that looks silly to me.  I would much rather leave them apart, wii remote/nunchuk style.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

on home consoles. do you really want me to clarify it down to a tee.

Home consoles? But the Switch is a handheld that has an adapter to plug it in to a TV...

According to the BIg N its a primarily a home console

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

According to the BIg N its a primarily a home console

I`m sure according to them the Wii U was going to be a highly desirable product and be a huge success. Other people saw it differently though...

Succes is debatable. But a company's product has to be called what the company calls it

Like if a company calls a 6 inch screen a mobile phone, it's aphone not a tablet

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

Succes is debatable. But a company's product has to be called what the company calls it

Like if a company calls a 6 inch screen a mobile phone, it's aphone not a tablet

Doesn`t really work like that.

If some company tried to sell me a banana saying it was an apple I`d say back to them `that`s not a banana, it`s an apple you idiot!`. I don`t see any reason why I should treat Nintendo any different than any other company.

Wel you can call it a sandwitch console for all icare, I'd like to think of it as a Portable Home Console

Mummelmann said:
More or less what I expected, I'm not sold on the idea so far, it looks like a more advanced Wii U in many ways and it still appears to aim for tablet customers, which is a mistake with home console games, in my humble opinion.

How would you feel if the screen on the controller was strictly look-but-don't-touch?

burninmylight said:
Mummelmann said:
More or less what I expected, I'm not sold on the idea so far, it looks like a more advanced Wii U in many ways and it still appears to aim for tablet customers, which is a mistake with home console games, in my humble opinion.

How would you feel if the screen on the controller was strictly look-but-don't-touch?

For my part, it wouldn't make a difference since I only play games with controllers and mouse + keyboard, I'm not a fan of touch screen controls, not even for interface use and browsing files, web etc. For me, it doesn't matter.

Mummelmann said:
burninmylight said:

For my part, it wouldn't make a difference since I only play games with controllers and mouse + keyboard, I'm not a fan of touch screen controls, not even for interface use and browsing files, web etc. For me, it doesn't matter.

OK, but the reason I asked is because a  screen without touch capabilities means that it is definitely not an advanced Wii U OR tablet in concept, and that it is built with traditional gaming in mind. You indicated that's why you're not sold on the idea, albeit you may have meant in terms of its success on the market instead of for yourself.