By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Donald Trump Wins

vivster said:
FIT_Gamer said:

I vote for the candidate that has my interest in my mind, not becasue I'm scared of the other possible outcome.

If you consider yourself Progressive and you are voting for Hilary, you're spineless fraud. 

Hillary supports the same policies as Bernie. She might not be as ferocious but it's still the same, after all the party will dictate what's done anyway.

Being progressive and giving your vote to Trump(which automatically happens if you don't vote for Hillary) makes you just stupid because you voted literally against progress.

American politics is is nothing but entertainment now because people vote for emotions instead of policies.

"Voted literally against progress" you say.

What exactly does this mean? I would love to hear your explanation of it. To just define your political views as progress is amazing to me.

In fact, the word progressive has never had anything to do with making progress. It means slowly changing things over time so that people don't notice it immediately. In politics, it's been referred to as the Overton Window. Progressive politics are mainly implementing regulations that slowly but surely take away our rights and freedoms.

So anyways, I'd really love to hear how a Trump presidency would be going against "progress." Please.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
vivster said:

How do you not know for whom you would vote for when they are literally the opposite of each other?

Just look at the key issues they differ on and then decide. Hint: One is far left and the other is far right. Where do you stand?

You're kidding right? By international standards both are far right. I'm European and if I saw a candidate that isnt willing to fight for single payer i.e Hillary), I would never vote for them. How that is far left is beyond me. She is far right, except in America.

That's just your exaggeration. The policies are mostly social minded, in core against big corporations, for immigration, environmental and progressive. Even if she's not as far far left as Bernie Sanders it's ludicrous to sort her anywhere near the right. She'd absolutely fit in with our biggest left party here in Germany.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

MonkeyDLuffy said:

Progressive politics are mainly implementing regulations that slowly but surely take away our rights and freedoms.

So what rights and freedoms have you lost to progressives?  The right to dump oil down a sink or into a river?  Litter wherever you may please?

MonkeyDLuffy said:
vivster said:

Hillary supports the same policies as Bernie. She might not be as ferocious but it's still the same, after all the party will dictate what's done anyway.

Being progressive and giving your vote to Trump(which automatically happens if you don't vote for Hillary) makes you just stupid because you voted literally against progress.

American politics is is nothing but entertainment now because people vote for emotions instead of policies.

What exactly does this mean? I would love to hear your explanation of it. To just define your political views as progress is amazing to me.

In fact, the word progressive has never had anything to do with making progress. It means slowly changing things over time so that people don't notice it immediately. In politics, it's been referred to as the Overton Window. Progressive politics are mainly implementing regulations that slowly but surely take away our rights and freedoms.

So anyways, I'd really love to hear how a Trump presidency would be going against "progress." Please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism_in_the_United_States

In the 21st century, progressives continue to embrace concepts such as environmentalism and social justice.[1] Social progressivism, the view that governmental practices ought to be adjusted as society evolves, forms the ideological basis for many American progressives.

Historian Alonzo Hamby defined progressivism as the "political movement that addresses ideas, impulses, and issues stemming from modernization of American society."

Could've fooled me. Actually looked up if progressive means something else in the US. Turns out it doesn't. Trump is against all change that does not involve building new walls. Very regressive in social advancements. Wants to abolish social programs. Sets the US back centuries in accepting cultural variety. He wants to GO BACK to where things were great, probably the 50s when he could legally jail black people for no reason and grab any woman by the pussy he wants.

HGillary is progressive, Trump is a regressive conservative. He's so badly conservative even the republicans don't want to be associated with him.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WagnerPaiva said:
SpokenTruth said:

It would surprise you how many people from the far right actually claim that she is.  Or calls her a devil, a demon, etc...

Not even the craziest of the christians call her the antichrist. Granted, a lot of people thought Obama could be because the antichrist is described in the Bible as a man of peace, great speech, no desiree for women, no ties to the religion of his fatherland and amazing political skills.

Hillary is just a very dangerous person, one that should never ever recieve power, specially nuclear.

So are all the religious zealots who pinned Obama as the anti-Christ gonna apologize for being wrong (for the 50,000th time) that the world didn't end/self combust?

And to a degree a lot of that talk was racist too ... he's black, of course a black president is going to end the world in some people's eyes, they just don't have the balls to admit their racist BS even aloud. If he was some white dude named Barry, doubt any of that nonsense would've gained even 1/10th the traction. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Not even the craziest of the christians call her the antichrist. Granted, a lot of people thought Obama could be because the antichrist is described in the Bible as a man of peace, great speech, no desiree for women, no ties to the religion of his fatherland and amazing political skills.

Hillary is just a very dangerous person, one that should never ever recieve power, specially nuclear.

So are all the religious zealots who pinned Obama as the anti-Christ gonna apologize for being wrong (for the 50,000th time) that the world didn't end/self combust?

And to a degree a lot of that talk was racist too ... he's black, of course a black president is going to end the world in some people's eyes, they just don't have the balls to admit their racist BS even aloud. If he was some white dude named Barry, doubt any of that nonsense would've gained even 1/10th the traction. 

I for one apologize in the name of all that thought Obama was the real thing. He surely had the characteristics, but he wasn´t. The antichrist must be a man of peace, perfect at speech, mesmerizing to the whole world, and for a while Obama kinda fitted the bill.

Can not be a woman though, not misogyn, just how the prophecies go.

Anyways, there is no end of times without the building of the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and UNESCO just said they will not allow it. So, no end of times coming for now.

But nuclear war may come in 2017 if the US keeps pushing Russia. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

vivster said:
MonkeyDLuffy said:

In the 21st century, progressives continue to embrace concepts such as environmentalism and social justice.[1] Social progressivism, the view that governmental practices ought to be adjusted as society evolves, forms the ideological basis for many American progressives.

Historian Alonzo Hamby defined progressivism as the "political movement that addresses ideas, impulses, and issues stemming from modernization of American society."

Could've fooled me. Actually looked up if progressive means something else in the US. Turns out it doesn't. Trump is against all change that does not involve building new walls. Very regressive in social advancements. Wants to abolish social programs. Sets the US back centuries in accepting cultural variety. He wants to GO BACK to where things were great, probably the 50s when he could legally jail black people for no reason and grab any woman by the pussy he wants.

HGillary is progressive, Trump is a regressive conservative. He's so badly conservative even the republicans don't want to be associated with him.

Hold on, now. Hillary is progressive and Donald is regressive? Now let's look at this. You named some things that you presume Trump wants to implement, and in your mind those are negative things. That's where we would get into a discussion of politics, which isn't exactly what I'm looking to do here. I'm sure you're convinced that a border wall is bad, and we could have a whole separate argument on that. However, what you're talking about here is implementing changes that a certain part of the population wants, or in their eyes, would be seen as PROGRESS. Right?

Given that, what about Hillary represents any progress? I haven't heard any new ideas from her. She just wants to continue what Obama has done, which to me doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm wondering where do you see any progress from her? Keeping Obamacare, which is going bankrupt and was designed to fail? Opening our borders, which would collapse our economy? Further dividing the races, which has given us riots like none of us have seen before in our lifetimes?

sethnintendo said:
MonkeyDLuffy said:

Progressive politics are mainly implementing regulations that slowly but surely take away our rights and freedoms.

So what rights and freedoms have you lost to progressives?  The right to dump oil down a sink or into a river?  Litter wherever you may please?

Heh no, nothing like that. 

So an example of progressivism in politics would be enacting a law restricting the private ownership of a certain type of rifle, arguing that we don't need those things and they're more used for killings. Then once that type of gun is outlawed, they start saying well it didn't go far enough, we need to restrict these ones as well. Eventually resulting in the outlawing of all guns. 

It's a policy that could never pass immediately, just banning guns, but by progressively taking away the pieces bit by bit, they can succeed. 

Another example from right now is how they're trying to remove gender altogether by confusing our children and telling them there are 50, 60 different genders they might be. Ultimately with progressivism we'll get to the point where there are no male and female bathrooms and eventually the concept of a man and a woman will be completely foreign. 

Hopefully you see my point. It has very little to do with any measurable progress and instead focuses on tricking the populace. 

MonkeyDLuffy said:
vivster said:

Hold on, now. Hillary is progressive and Donald is regressive? Now let's look at this. You named some things that you presume Trump wants to implement, and in your mind those are negative things. That's where we would get into a discussion of politics, which isn't exactly what I'm looking to do here. I'm sure you're convinced that a border wall is bad, and we could have a whole separate argument on that. However, what you're talking about here is implementing changes that a certain part of the population wants, or in their eyes, would be seen as PROGRESS. Right?

Given that, what about Hillary represents any progress? I haven't heard any new ideas from her. She just wants to continue what Obama has done, which to me doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm wondering where do you see any progress from her? Keeping Obamacare, which is going bankrupt and was designed to fail? Opening our borders, which would collapse our economy? Further dividing the races, which has given us riots like none of us have seen before in our lifetimes?

LOL, I'm guessing you weren't alive in the 60s or even aware in the early 90s if you think these "riots" are new and we had some kind of harmony in the past. 

Public healthcare is a good option most of the developed world agrees, unfortunately the Republicans allow greedy for profit drug companies to run the US health system and force any type of public option to be slanted towards for profit companies that take advantage of the system. 

Wall Street collapsed your economy 8 years ago, not some immigrant willing to work 12 hours a day in blistering heat to put food on the table. 

there's really no way he can win. Not only is the entire mainstream media against him, he also wont close his mouth and stop getting himself into bad situations

hes his own worst enemy and he beat himself in this election

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick