By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii U may be dead, but... who cares?

not me, it never was alive to begin with, how do you kill that which has no life?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nem said:

But just like its Nintendo's decision to drop its support, its also my decision to drop my support for other Nintendo devices. I'm not fully satisfied with the Wii U therefore i am not likely to buy their next home console.

Same here. After the way they treated Wii U owners, I'm not inclined to want to buy another system from them.

Me too. I was gaming only on nintendo systems. I bought 64, gamecube, wii and wii u at launch but wii u game droughts made me buy a ps4 and now ill probably only buy PlayStation home system. 

I love wii U because it is the best home of 2D plataformers since SNES. Genre I love the most.
Lots of multiplayer(most not based on shaking controllers), and best home console for kids(seriusly, they love when they came into my house and complaining that their xboxes and playstation dont have games like wii U ones)
Wii U is dead, but is the best console for my tastes and needs.

I think Wii-U had a much better run than most most hardware that has sold that poorly. I mean, even with the low numbers, it got some great software. I stand by that I think Nintendo's biggest mistake was keeping Wii in the name, without calling it the Wii 2.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

KilleyMc said:

GoOnKid said:

Thank you for the contribution but I feel like that if I started arguing with you, both of us would waste our time.

Uh, I don't know if that was directed at me, but if that was the case then let me clarify, I still like my Wii U and so far it's the only home console from this gen that I feel is worth owning. With that said, I still can't help but care about the missed potential.

Sorry, I meant mutantsushi! My bad! :D

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
I think Wii-U had a much better run than most most hardware that has sold that poorly. I mean, even with the low numbers, it got some great software. I stand by that I think Nintendo's biggest mistake was keeping Wii in the name, without calling it the Wii 2.

This is true. Iwata himself wanted to keep the name in order to generate a strong brand like for example Samsung Galaxy. People don't say they own a Samsung, but rather a Galaxy S/7/6/whatever. He thought he could ride a similar wave. I also think it was a mistake, but I could never blame him for trying. The idea had a certain potential to work out.

GoOnKid said:
KilleyMc said:

Uh, I don't know if that was directed at me, but if that was the case then let me clarify, I still like my Wii U and so far it's the only home console from this gen that I feel is worth owning. With that said, I still can't help but care about the missed potential.

Sorry, I meant mutantsushi! My bad! :D

Thought so, I didn't feel the need to answer that one either.

GoOnKid said:
DialgaMarine said:

This is true. Iwata himself wanted to keep the name in order to generate a strong brand like for example Samsung Galaxy. People don't say they own a Samsung, but rather a Galaxy S/7/6/whatever. He thought he could ride a similar wave. I also think it was a mistake, but I could never blame him for trying. The idea had a certain potential to work out.

If they had called it Wii 2, I think it wouldve worked. Wii-U seems to suggest an expansion to the older Wii's. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon