By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii U may be dead, but... who cares?

yeah, you guys pretty much condensed the matter well: it´s all about finances right now and Nintendo is not profiting enough with the WiiU, so it makes no sense keeping producing big games for it.
Well.. it was fun while it lasted (although to me there´s still a lot to be played on the device. I still need to finish Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fatal Frame, among other games)

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
160rmf said:

based on what?

Nothing, in fact most people would say the opposite. There are only a VERY small pool of games that most people would say are "bad". The only games that come to mind for Wii U are Star Fox Zero, Devils Third and Amiibo Festival. 

IKR! Some people seems to think that their opinion is shared by almost everyone in the world.

We reap what we sow

Gourmet said:

I care because splatoon, mario maker, mk8, sm4sh and pokken online are still fun and don't want closed servers. That's it. I'm actually holding off playing offline because of this.

You da real MVP!

Firstly, I love my Wii U and the small handful of games it's given me (yes only a small handful because not everyone actually can love every single game that comes out for the Wii U)

But ultimately I think we all really should care.

Nobody should ever purchase a console that's known to have a +6 year lifespan support only to have it cut short to just a messily 3 years without even informing us at the beginning. I think it's just more about the principle.

But hey, I honestly dont care about this as much as I wont care about the NX. I mean why support a console that doesn't support us back right? :P

GoOnKid said:
Gourmet said:

I care because splatoon, mario maker, mk8, sm4sh and pokken online are still fun and don't want closed servers. That's it. I'm actually holding off playing offline because of this.

You da real MVP!

No, U are!

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Firstly, I love my Wii U and the small handful of games it's given me (yes only a small handful because not everyone actually can love every single game that comes out for the Wii U)

But ultimately I think we all really should care.

Nobody should ever purchase a console that's known to have a +6 year lifespan support only to have it cut short to just a messily 3 years without even informing us at the beginning. I think it's just more about the principle.

But hey, I honestly dont care about this as much as I wont care about the NX. I mean why support a console that doesn't support us back right? :P

How on earth should Nintendo have known this when they launched the goddamn thing?

WiiU needed more Nintendo games, like two 3D Marios, one or two unique Zeldas, one unique Metroid etc. With a lifespan of ten years like the PS360 that would have been possible.

numberwang said:
WiiU needed more Nintendo games, like two 3D Marios, one or two unique Zeldas, one unique Metroid etc. With a lifespan of ten years like the PS360 that would have been possible.

The Wii managed all that within just 6 years. But we also know the sales gap between Wii and Wii U.

The issue with a shallow library is a greater percentage of titles in that library need to appeal to someone to make it worthwhile. In the PS2 days for example you could dislike 95% of games and still have tons of games to play. I understand Nintendo fans being content with offerings, but lacking that diversity is part of why the Wii U will sell a fraction of what other systems past and present have and will.

I still play Wii U daily, and when its not Wii U games Im playing, its Wii and virtual console stuff. Although its technically finished, for me it will still have a ton of use. Still Yooka Laylee and BOTW to get yet as well. I wont get an NX at launch though, having been burned by a sharp 3DS price cut and the short lifespan of Wii U software support. Sony really have got their shit together with the PS4, and it continues to go from strength to strength. Nintendo have it all to do if they want NX to sell to more than just the 13-14 million people who bought the Wii U.