By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch Elimination Game - THE WINNER IS...

Farsala said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Alright, again, I'm sorry that this ended up playing out like this.

I was just busy with life, and I didn't find the time to just sit down and update everything ASAP, my mistake.

This was an experiment, and again, this was a clearly flawed experience that I wish could've been better.

I don't plan on doing another elim game anytime soon anyways, so that I have time to consider if I can do something like this again.

People like uran are clearly more capable than me when it comes to live updates or whatever, so yeah, I'm willing to admit that I messed up a bit, and I should've thought some things through a little better.

I just wanted to get this game over with as I knew my slow ass updates would just make this an even bigger nightmare and atrocity that it already was turning into.

Suggestion: Demand people to display healths.

Example

+Hanzo (104)

-Lucio (92)

That way someone cant miss 8 votes... because they will know that person is dead and downvote someone that is alive and not have delayed multi votes.

It basically ended up the same as him using a Dragonblade (+2) during his turn, from the time when the dragon blade was 6 downvotes anyway, a fair few characters fell to those multidownvote attacks, people who had the credits shoulda been blowing them to murder other peoples waifus!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:

Alright, again, I'm sorry that this ended up playing out like this.

I was just busy with life, and I didn't find the time to just sit down and update everything ASAP, my mistake.

This was an experiment, and again, this was a clearly flawed experience that I wish could've been better.

I don't plan on doing another elim game anytime soon anyways, so that I have time to consider if I can do something like this again.

People like uran are clearly more capable than me when it comes to live updates or whatever, so yeah, I'm willing to admit that I messed up a bit, and I should've thought some things through a little better.

I just wanted to get this game over with as I knew my slow ass updates would just make this an even bigger nightmare and atrocity that it already was turning into.

Was a cool thread, made 70 pages and clearly shows that a large group of the community here likes Overwatch enough to want their favourite characters to live in a forum based elimination game, shows the awesome amount of care that blizzard took in creating loveable characters for what could very easily have turned into a very generic fps to be lost alongside call of duty and battlefield.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

shikamaru317 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Like 36 hour period isn't even that bad cause at the end of it, we knew where everyone stood. What was bad is 1 vote counting for 8 votes because of a stupid reason... Makes no sense and makes this entire game dumb... I know Ultra is busy but that's not an excuse for nonsense like this.

Well technically all of those votes should have counted. Shadow voted 7 times during that 36 hour (or however long it was) period and due to the lack of update, he didn't know that Zenyatta was already eliminated. So it would kind of be unfair to only give him one vote when he ha actually made the effort to vote 7 times. But wow, 8 votes all at once, coupled with that increase from -8 to -12 per vote to make the game go faster. There was just no strategy available for us to counter such a massive drop in HP all at once. I was hoping one of the people who still had lots of money left would buy a res for her, but nobody did in time and all of my money was gone.  

Yea cause by that point, this game turned stupid... And its not like he couldn't have given Shadow compensation for such a thing which wouldn't be so OP while being fair. But no... Instead, x8 which ruins the game.

A game like this is only fun when the winner had the right to win. Pharah had no right to win this at all hence I will never be playing one from him ever again.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

A better analogy is more like, a sniper shot the driver of the car that was winning

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

How.... how did D.Va lose......

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
How.... how did D.Va lose......

A shadow was out for her. 

Nice I'm glad to see D.Va lose! Congratz Pharah :D

PHARAH? Why? Is it because of her rockets?

I can live with a Pharah win. D. Va was robbed though.

Signature goes here!