By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PREDICTION: Pokémon moon and sun will sells over 20 million

Pokémon Sun and moon predictions

15 million or less 91 39.91%

16 million 42 18.42%

17 million 19 8.33%

18 million 19 8.33%

19 million 9 3.95%

20 million 24 10.53%

21 million 3 1.32%

22 million 2 0.88%

23 million 1 0.44%

24 million or more 18 7.89%

Total:228
TorterraBoy said:
8 million, the 3DS is dead, they shouldve put it on NX

BW came out when ds was dead. Its over 15mil.

SuMo going to be huge and no offense no pokemon main game (new gen) or even a remake sold under 11.5mil. 8Mil will come in under a month guranteed

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
All I can say is I'll be glad when it releases. I'm sick of it being in the top 20 on Amazon and having to update every God damn 3 - 4 hours.

Talking about just for your pre orders right? Cuz SuMo staying in the top 100 probably for a year :p

Ryng_Tolu said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Hasn't Pokemon Go died out already? (I honestly don't know) 

not even close

I don't see it being talked about much anymore. Stores around here have dropped their Pokemon Go stands. I don't mean completely dead, but now it's just a game again rather than a phenomenon.

Jpcc86 said:
I voted 24 million or more because I want this to be the very best Pokemon game of all time. Even if its not looking that way.

it'll need to be over 40 mil to be best of all time in terms of sales

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Bold prediction threads, surprised to say I'm glad to see these back since NX threads are really boring

OT: I doubt it, I'm guessing in between ORAS and XY sales so around 12-13M

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Firstly its Sun and Moon, moon and sun sounds stupid
Secondly, no!

16 or 17 million. It'll get more attention than X/Y ever did. However, it could get undercut if the NX is a new handheld

The 20 million part seems plausible, but 15 million in 2016 alone?In about 1 month and a half?I dont even know if Nintendo will have shipped enough units to attend that demand.I think it can reach 15 million by february/march, but soonet is just... Too soon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'd say 17 million to be safe, but I could see it doing more. The 3DS/2DS is gonna be much cheaper than the NX is likely gonna be, so the barrier to entry is smaller than before. Pokemon Go also added new fans to the series as a whole, so it's definitely gonna do better than X and Y, considering that most people who bought X and Y are gonna buy Sun and Moon.

Never. NX is right around the corner. Pokemon Sun / Moon will only reach 20 million with a NX port.