Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your First Console Game

I used to live in Eastern Europe where home computers were much more popular than consoles so the first game I played was the C64 version of Donkey Kong. The first console game I played wouldn't be until later on the PS1 but the only games I remember playing on it were Alone in the Dark and Toy Story Racing.

Around the Network

Was more a computer player so I started late with the NES (played like crazy on my Atari STE for years).
My first game on console was Mario Bros 1 I think.

In 2007 I got a PS2 as my gift. Got two games from nearby used games store. The first ratchet and CLank and Burnout 3 takedown

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

The Lion King: Simba's mighty adventure for ps1 in 2000 or 99

But my first game was pokemon yellow forbmy gameboy color the year before

The legendary E.T.: The Extraterrestrial! It's a wonder I play games at all after that.

Around the Network

Tommy Lasorda Baseball,
Sonic the hedgehog (pack-in)
Quack-Shot, Starring Donald duck.

Sonic and quack shot, the original carts, I still have (and bought multiple carts of both), but the baseball game was lost, then replaced, over 12 years ago, so I guess it doesn't matter. But, I still have all my original Sega Genesis games. I even have converters to connect everything to my 1MS g2g monitor. I'm not modding my genesis, but the jail bars don't bother me much anyway.

First game i ever owned as mine was super mario world,savage game never beat it got to the star levels or something like that it was too hard.

But the first game i ever played was Super Mario Bros.

My personal first-ever home console game was Pole Position II which came packed in with the Atari 7800 in 1987, but I had played several 2600 games at my cousin's house prior to that like Combat, Missile Command, Defender, Breakout and a bunch of others.

I had also played several arcade games in the mid 80s like Galaga, Ms Pac Man and Arkanoid prior to gaming on home consoles.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

My first console was a second hand Sega Mastersystem with Wonderboy 3, double dragon and bank panic. It also had hang on and safari hunt built in.

Really there's 3 contenders for this; either 'Gunfighter'/'Showdown in 2100AD', 'Duck Hunt' or 'Super Mario Bros.' It could even be 'A Link to the Past', but I probably played NES before NES. I know exactly what games were my first on handheld and a home computer though; 'Tetris' and 'Star Wars Rebel Assault II' respectively. On home console, I was too young to remember precisely, being probably anywhere from 4 to 6 years old.

'Gunfighter' or otherwise known as 'Showdown in 2100AD' is an old arcade shooter from the 70s, similar to the 2600's 'Outlaw', which I played on my mom's old Philips Videopac G7000 from the '70s, known as the Magnavox Odyssey2 mostly elsewhere. Being born in 1988, the game is a decade older than me, but until my mother got a new man, who was actually interested in technology, it was the only system in our house until the N64 in 1997.

In the mean time though my aunt had the NES and later the SNES, which I played with my cousins. So 'Duck Hunt' was a popular game with us. Since 'Super Mario Bros.' is on the same cartridge, that's automatically a contender but I have less clear memories of that game. As far as I remember, my aunt wouldn't really let us play on the SNES, so that's why I probably didn't play Zelda until later.

Most of my money would be on the G7000 game, or 'Duck Hunt'.