By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your First Console Game

I believe it was Twisted Metal 2.

Around the Network

First game my parents bought us was Athletic Land

Actual native resolution... (256x212)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjCc7CiSfM
That music is still as clear in my head as 32 years ago. I got to play it on a 12" fish bowl black and white monitor.

Fun little system, Microsofts first and last succesful console in Japan.
License based, sort of Steambox of the eighties, designed by MS and manufactured by different companies including Sony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2tytypme2c

I had a Sinclair Spectrum ZX similar to this one

When I was born it was already in home, I used to play very old 8bit games that needed like 10 minutes to load from a cassete lol but I had a good time with it. First game I remember on it was Pacman.

The first one I got for me later was the PlayStation when I was like 7 and the first games for that were Tekken and The Adventure of Lomax. The jump from one to another destroyed my mind.

I used to live in Eastern Europe where home computers were much more popular than consoles so the first game I played was the C64 version of Donkey Kong. The first console game I played wouldn't be until later on the PS1 but the only games I remember playing on it were Alone in the Dark and Toy Story Racing.

Was more a computer player so I started late with the NES (played like crazy on my Atari STE for years).
My first game on console was Mario Bros 1 I think.

Around the Network

In 2007 I got a PS2 as my gift. Got two games from nearby used games store. The first ratchet and CLank and Burnout 3 takedown

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

The Lion King: Simba's mighty adventure for ps1 in 2000 or 99

But my first game was pokemon yellow forbmy gameboy color the year before

The legendary E.T.: The Extraterrestrial! It's a wonder I play games at all after that.

Tommy Lasorda Baseball,
Sonic the hedgehog (pack-in)
Quack-Shot, Starring Donald duck.

Sonic and quack shot, the original carts, I still have (and bought multiple carts of both), but the baseball game was lost, then replaced, over 12 years ago, so I guess it doesn't matter. But, I still have all my original Sega Genesis games. I even have converters to connect everything to my 1MS g2g monitor. I'm not modding my genesis, but the jail bars don't bother me much anyway.

First game i ever owned as mine was super mario world,savage game never beat it got to the star levels or something like that it was too hard.

But the first game i ever played was Super Mario Bros.