By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your First Console Game

First game I played: Super Mario Bros.
First game I owned: Mega Man 2

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:

I don´t remember.... actually, I started playing video games with the old Philco consoles, they did not use cartridges. Instead they came with a few games loaded - most were just pong rip-offs and pong itself.

My first game in physical media was some Atari 2600 game.... it was either Seaquest, Keystone Kappers or Pac-Man but I really don´t remember.

If games consoles are allowed in my first was this Binatone model.

bonzobanana said:

If games consoles are allowed in my first was this Binatone model.

It seems it had more games than the Philco model. That´s nice.

We didn´t have this model in my country, though

Super Famicom !

Probably Final Fantasy V

Cash Banooca for the Sanyo Polystation.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I am thinking it was PS2 and likely FFX

The first one I played was probably Tetris on my best friends Gameboy in kindergaden. The first one I owned is a bit more difficult.

I'm inclined to say Spyro the Dragon on PS1, but technically that was only the demo and I didn't own the full game until much later. I played that demo to bits though. It had thre levels/world and the wierd alien challenge and I got pretty pro at beating them all in record time.
First full game I owned would be Pandemonium. I don't think I ever finished it, though I got pretty far.
(My playstation days were sad because my mom wouldn't buy games for me, because she believed in kids playing outdoors and using their imagination and I didn't have enough pocket money to scrounge toghether to afford games yet...)