By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ReCore may become a success despite mixed reviews

Well, if the average score is 63%, them who is mostly clickabaiting, under 50% or over 80%? And perhaps reviewers have a different taste. The reveal on E3 was very pleasant.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Acevil said:
pokoko said:
That's interesting. So all games are actually better than their review score!

Or, at least, the games I like are better than their review score but the games I don't like are probably worse than their review score because of publishers purchasing good reviews.

Is this the correct mentality? Am I doing it right?

Well it could be argued that some games do recieve negative scores purely out of spite or for clicks. 

Not "could be argued" but "will be argued".  For everything.  Some people jump back and forth seemingly based on how much they like the game or even how much they like the console it appears on.

I don't like this game.  The scores are inflated.
I like this game.  The reviews are clickbait.

It's like they really believe the world revolves around their opinion.  You just hope that one day they wake up or, even better, the world kicks them in the face and says, "stop being a twit."

Sounds like something an Xbox fanboy would say. Not a CEO of a company lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Didn't Microsoft also say that Quantam Break sales were good and then other sources published official numbers and the sales were nothing near good? Why should I believe Microsoft then?

alternine said:

So..only Xbox fans have suggested that some reviews are clickbait? Yeah right..

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
alternine said:

Nope. I believe he is point more to the being fanboy on the argument than to being Xbox. But you may interpret as you wish.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
KiigelHeart said:

Nope. I believe he is point more to the being fanboy on the argument than to being Xbox. But you may interpret as you wish.

Ok..so only a fanboy would suggest that scoring a game like Uncharted 4 or Forza Horizon 3 much lower than most is clickbaiting? Come on now, we all know those reviews are nonsense 😉

The $39 price tag was already an indicator that the game wasn't really coming along as it should have. Pricing it as a budget game is a way for asking for forgiveness. That made me think I can wait for the price to be cheaper. I will wait for $15 or free with gold. I know I will enjoy it. It's the type of niche game I like. Falls in the line of Otogi, Bullet Witch, Earth Defense Force kind of cheap crap, but still entertaining.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
The $39 price tag was already an indicator that the game wasn't really coming along as it should have. Pricing it as a budget game is a way for asking for forgiveness. That made me think I can wait for the price to be cheaper. I will wait for $15 or free with gold. I know I will enjoy it. It's the type of niche game I like. Falls in the line of Otogi, Bullet Witch, Earth Defense Force kind of cheap crap, but still entertaining.

The game is a quality platformer. It is not an AAA by any stretch of imagination but its gameplay is quality for sure.

I don't think price tag has anything to do with troubled development. They made the game using the unity engine, I'm pretty sure they knew what to expect.

Having read the context, its clear that this thread was clickbait.

It entirely mitigates what we was saying.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS