By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ReCore may become a success despite mixed reviews

What's important is that gamers have been positive.

Around the Network

I was shocked to see the 63 metacritic score, thats the same as the order 1886, when recore's gameplay, mechanics and platforming are an aboslute WIN. Sure its not perfect, the technical issues on the Xbox and some grinding are included but I did find the game to be a 7 or higher, I do think reviews where harsh.

Mostly I feel like reviewers reviewed it like a $60 game instead of a $40 game. If they included that surely it should have scored higher in my opinion.

Anyway, Hope sales are great and updates have already fixed most of the issues people had to bash the game.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

axumblade said:
Honestly, it's true. I felt that reviewers were harsh from the getgo on this game. I did run into a couple of glitches but overall I've had a great time playing it!

^^ That

I really like the game.

Yes, loading times are really aweful... But the game / gameplay is fun and I really feel like they can build on up on this and have a nice franchise coming out of it

This game is definitely not 63/100 so it will do fine. The problem is that it doesn't appeal to the majority of gamers and is a niche title

That's good to hear, I think ReCore is great. I'm hoping that if it sells well enough it can be one of those franchises where the sequel improves massively and fixes all the things that the first game had problems with.

Around the Network

Phil is a smart guy. Recore has great gameplay and is fundamentally strong, with nice dungeon variety design. I do come across more positive feedback from players than the reviews would show, as i'm sure they notice.

Glad to hear that the IP has a good chance to have a future.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Next time they should just release it under Bethesda Games, and everyone will excuse the glitches. If it isn't obvious I do think certain reviewers let glitches slide way to easily for some games/companies, and are more critical for others.

If you are going to create a standards of reviewing for your website/organization enforce it everywhere. 

Good, the game is great. Easily the most criminally underscored game of the gen thus far imho.

The traversal dungeons alone are amazing.

The problem isn't reviews being "too harsh". The game isn't very good. Unless it improves VASTLY from what the demo shows, which seems unlikely since the game is just mechanically boring and the later half is supposed to be worse than the first, this is a solidly 60-65 game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

walterbates said:

What's important is that gamers have been positive.

What is the source of this?