By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo lowering the quality of its release ?

Especially on Wii U:

Animal Crossing Amiibo festival

Starfox Zero

Yoshi Wooly World's

Captain Toad

Now Paper Mario

It's rather embarassing.

We need more epic, ambitious games like Xenoblade, Bayonetta 2 and less average and rushed games.

Around the Network

Did you miss all the NX stuff? Nintendo is moving on and Zelda is pretty ambitious

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Star Fox Zero, Yoshi, Captain Toad, and Paper Mario meta just as high as any of Xbox or Sony's exclusives.

There is an overall dip in quality - but I think that's because Nintendo wants dev staff to roll off WiiU projects as quickly as possible to start NX ones.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Lucas-Rio said:

Especially on Wii U:

Starfox Zero

Yoshi Wooly World's

Captain Toad

Now Paper Mario

It's rather embarassing.

We need more epic, ambitious games like Xenoblade, Bayonetta 2 and less average and rushed games.

Only one of those (amiibo) can really be said to be particularly bad, and the list doesn't include any of the solid releases they've had on the Wii U.

Even with the mixed reviews of the Starfox game, you certainly can't say it was rushed (they spent a great deal of time on it). Really, it was trying to make use of the gamepad that hurt its reviews, as it takes a long time to get comfortable with it.

Captain_Yuri said:
Did you miss all the NX stuff? Nintendo is moving on and Zelda is pretty ambitious

Zelda looks fantastic, this is the quality Nintendo should be aiming.

I hope Nintendo bring the big games on NX, because this year has been a disaster for Wii U.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Especially on Wii U:

Starfox Zero

Yoshi Wooly World's

Captain Toad

Now Paper Mario

It's rather embarassing.

Only one of those (amiibo) can really be said to be particularly bad, and the list doesn't include any of the solid releases they've had on the Wii U.

These quality releases stopped a long time ago.

Yoshi's Wooly World isn't bad or low quality

Paper Mario seems to have really good reviews.

You realize that Captain Toad is a GOTY nominee for level design? Its far from embarassing.

StarOcean said:
Yoshi's Wooly World isn't bad or low quality

It's not bad, it's a decent low budget game.

Is that the Nintendo quality you expect from a videogame? I want Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade levels of ambitions, gameplay and ambition.