By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo lowering the quality of its release ?

Roar_Of_War said:
Lucas-Rio said:

You may be living in a world where Tokyo Mirage is considered a great JRPG, but this isn't reality. I haven't played it and have no intention to play this crossover full of Japanese pop. But it has been reviewed averagely by the media and by the fans. It failed to make any mark.

Super Paper Mario isn't a RPG, but it was a very clever and well made game. A quality that the Wii U version did not even try to match. Captain Toad is a nothing game to me, a simple treasure finder game with some good level design but with little interest. A small and easy game to make.

We can also argue Mario 3D World is a poor effort compared to the great Galaxy games.

70-80 and up is not average. 5/10 is average/mediocre, 6/10 is above average despite many flaws, 7/10 is good. A pass. 

You're obsessed with metacritic and scores, and your standards for what an average game and a good game are is ridiculous. You sound like the common fanboy who only views 9/10 games as great and who checks scores on metacritic constantly.

In fact his entire opinion seems based on that, metacritic, he haven't even played the games.

Around the Network
alternine said:
Last quality release was Xenoblade so im inclined to agree.

No, it was Tokio Mirage Sessions.

Captain Toad and Yoshi should not be there.As Captain Toad is an excellent game and Yoshi is ambitious, just being too easy for its own good.For the rest, I somewhat agree with you.But this is more due to the matter of switching hardware and developers "thinking" they need to redefine a franchise than actual quality control.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Kai_Mao said:
Lucas-Rio said:

You may be living in a world where Tokyo Mirage is considered a great JRPG, but this isn't reality. I haven't played it and have no intention to play this crossover full of Japanese pop. But it has been reviewed averagely by the media and by the fans. It failed to make any mark.

Super Paper Mario isn't a RPG, but it was a very clever and well made game. A quality that the Wii U version did not even try to match. Captain Toad is a nothing game to me, a simple treasure finder game with some good level design but with little interest. A small and easy game to make.

We can also argue Mario 3D World is a poor effort compared to the great Galaxy games.

It's nice you have an opinion, but you shouldn't dismiss others' praise if you don't think the games are up to snuff.

Everybody has opinions, but some are losing their objectivity.

Some here are complete fanboys who live in a parallel universe where Tokyo Mirage is the best JRPG, Captain Toad is GOTY, and Paper Mario Color Splash is a great game.

Rational people just want the true, full scale Nintendo games back.

Moderated for this and his other "fanboy" post - Leadified

Captain Toad is superb, Yoshi is very good. Quality doesn't equal a large budget. It's definitely true there haven't been many ambitious Wii U titles of late but that's not remotely surprising. The system is a commercial failure, it's never been healthier than dead in the water and Nintendo are moving on.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Kai_Mao said:

It's nice you have an opinion, but you shouldn't dismiss others' praise if you don't think the games are up to snuff.

Some here are complete fanboys who live in a parallel universe where Tokyo Mirage is the best JRPG, Captain Toad is GOTY, and Paper Mario Color Splash is a great game.

Because someone that judges games he has not even touched is super objective.

Unbelievable.

Goodnightmoon said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Because someone that judge games he has not evne played is super objective.

Unbeatable.

I am objective.

I did not like Metroid Prime much, I still recognize it's a super well made game and greatly ambitious. I liked a lot Madworld, I admit it wasn't as polished as it could have been and compare to a game like Metroid Prime.

Lucas-Rio said:
Kai_Mao said:

Well I have never seen a finer example of No True Scottsman on this forum.  Look, I don't even like TMS#FE or CT, but I can absolutely see why they are praised.  And you haven't even played Paper Mario, it's not even OUT yet, and all indicators right now are that you are the one in the alternate universe.  

But I'm done with this "discussion" because there never really was one.  

Asriel said:
Captain Toad is superb, Yoshi is very good. Quality doesn't equal a large budget. It's definitely true there haven't been many ambitious Wii U titles of late but that's not remotely surprising. The system is a commercial failure, it's never been healthier than dead in the water and Nintendo are moving on.

Quote of the day.

Lucas-Rio said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Because someone that judge games he has not evne played is super objective.

Unbeatable.

I am objective.

I did not like Metroid Prime much, I still recognize it's a super well made game and greatly ambitious. I liked a lot Madworld, I admit it wasn't as polished as it could have been and compare to a game like Metroid Prime.

Sorry but you have already shown you are far from objective by judging negatively a bunch of well received games you have never played and portraying others that haven't even been released as much better games, that MP anecdote doesn't change anything.