By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is the "Free" world losing its mind??

KingCherry said:

Blame cultural Marxism and The Frankfurt School...

I would like to adress one thing. There is NO such thing as "cultural Marxism".

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Barozi said:
"ordering" ? Typical anti EU bullshit and people like you are falling for it.

Some facts:
1. The ECRI is not the EU. Just like a British policeman is not the United Kingdom.
2. The ECRI doesn't have the power to order a country to do anything.
3. The article even calls it "recommendation" and that's exactly what this is.

I quoted the article-  the fact is the EU is trying to "lean on the Britts to censre its media- 

THe EU has caused a lot of problems for its member nations -  I understood it was supposed to help Europe compete better on a global scale but as is often the case politics have tainted the it

again, the ECRI is part of the EU. It is NOT the EU, therefore the EU is not trying to censor anyone's media.

What do you expect from these councils? They all have an obvious agenda. A women's council is trying to strengthen the rights of women and a council against racism and intolerance is trying to keep racism and intolerance at a minimum. Those council's exist in every country and they don't have any powers. They just publish recommendations and it's the government's job to read, consider or completely disregard these ideas for future laws.
There are also lots of multi national councils. The UN for example has tons of them and they publish recommendations all the time.

I don't think religion should be mentioned unless the attacker claims that religion as a motive. I'm not even worried about their ethnicity so much as I am a motive.

That said, can we go ahead and categorize radical Islam already? How about we make up a sect of Islam called "Bob-Bomb Islomb", and anytime a terrorist claims Islam, boom: they're a Bob-Bomb Islomb member. If they're families claim otherwise, too bad. That's not what they are anymore. They thought they would find glory, but they are instead the brunt of a joke.

But to be fair, we'd have to categorized terrorists of other religions the same way. We can call Abortion Clini bombers, for example, "Catholics" (I kid).

Overall point: They want to be heroes and have attention. What better way to demoralize the rest of the radicals than to make their fallen comrades a joke post-humorously?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

KingCherry said:
Dunban67 said:

I agree-  I m american and even the basic freedoms expressed in our Constitutions have been eroded just in my lifetime

That is an amazing (amazingly sad) statistic about the child poverty levels in Leicester-  What are the basic causes behind those high poverty rates? 

Third World immigration, absolutely bleeding local councils dry. Where I live, most of the children and families living in poverty are the native Brits. Migrants get pushed to the front of the que. This in turn makes the locals bitter, and they're then branded racist for daring to complain. A totally miserable situation.

The UK is absolutely crumbling, and in my personal opinion, forced mass immigration is to blame. I see absolutely no benefit in a Somalian family arriving here here with 7 kids, to be housed, educated, given free healthcare and cash, with the family having zero intention of working. What makes it even more insulting, is we're supposed to be grateful for their diversity, they don't bring anything to the table and they're not wanted or needed here.

Blame cultural Marxism and The Frankfurt School...

As for not being allowed to name terrorists if they're Muslim? They're already kept off the chart for racist attacks and murder, see Charlene Downs & Paige Chivers for a great example, all in the name of social cohesion. This is just another page in the Leftie diversity book.

That is some scary stuff and terribly sad-  If we keep going in the same  direction in the US we will be dealing with more and more of our own version of what is happening in the UK and other parts of europe-   Thanks for the info and perspective.

WolfpackN64 said:
They are not ordered to do anything. They're recommended not overstress the religious background of perpetrators of terrorist acts.

They can t force them no -  but they are still ordering or trying to according tothe article suggesting the media be "trained" or "retrained"  - 

If religion is pertainent/ a main driver  to the particular terrorist group then it should be stressed if religion/religious motoves are not part of the the group then it would not matter- 

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Dunban67 said:

I quoted the article-  the fact is the EU is trying to "lean on the Britts to censre its media- 

THe EU has caused a lot of problems for its member nations -  I understood it was supposed to help Europe compete better on a global scale but as is often the case politics have tainted the it

again, the ECRI is part of the EU. It is NOT the EU, therefore the EU is not trying to censor anyone's media.

What do you expect from these councils? They all have an obvious agenda. A women's council is trying to strengthen the rights of women and a council against racism and intolerance is trying to keep racism and intolerance at a minimum. Those council's exist in every country and they don't have any powers. They just publish recommendations and it's the government's job to read, consider or completely disregard these ideas for future laws.
There are also lots of multi national councils. The UN for example has tons of them and they publish recommendations all the time.

I would expect any group council, multi national concil putting out such dreck to lose funding from countries who do not beleive in censoring its own citizens

Parts of the UN should lose its funding too but it won t happen anytime soon- 

Sometimes it seems people don t want to know what is happening and if it takes censorship to keep reality from entering their view of the world then all the better- 

I j

Netyaroze said:
Dunban67 said:

Does anyone think this is a good idea? The EU (a commission part of the EU) are ordering Brittian to keep its media from disclosing when terroists are Muslim.

Not only is that etreme censorship but most people would figure it out anyway when a terrorst attack occcurs and no one reported on who may have done it or who is taking resposibility-  

For the record the Britts do not have to abide by this orde and so far are not- aybe another reason to be pleased with Brexit? 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/717627/free-speech-crackdown-EU-report-British-press-hate-crime-violence-terror

Britan is soon out of the EU so there is no problem. I think this is because its mentioned when its a muslim and not mentioned when its a christian which produces the subjective feeling only muslims are to blame. UK will leave until march 2019 so its all good no?

Probably because terror attacks are Islamist attacks.

Hiku said:
Dunban67 said:

They can t force them no -  but they are still ordering or trying to according tothe article suggesting the media be "trained" or "retrained"  - 

If religion is pertainent/ a main driver  to the particular terrorist group then it should be stressed if religion/religious motoves are not part of the the group then it would not matter- 

You cannot order someone if you have no authority. You can ask or suggest.

What's strange about that? A lot of people, and a lot of organisations, propose various things for their agenda.
That news site you linked to for example doesn't look like a serious news site. More like a gossip tabloid with a focus on unsubstantiated claims about celebrities, verious reports on alien and UFO sightings, and a walled city on Mars, etc.

Just like you haven't edited your opening post to point out that ECRI is not part of the EU and that they aren't ordering anyone.
I guess that won't suit your agenda. The more people who get the wrong impression, the better?

That's all good but what's the motive behind them asking for this kind of censorship?

i'm sure the BBC will oblige

Above & Beyond

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-david-cameron-nigel-farage-council-of-europe-report-racist-violence-intolerance-hate-speech-a7345166.html

Funny how you have two stories on the same report where one talks about the EU DEMANDING! that British media stop pointing out when a terrorist is muslim, and another that talks about how white nationalism and hate crimes are on the rise in the UK.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.