By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is the "Free" world losing its mind??

Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:

Aren't Islamist attacks hate crime as well?

Yes they are. Though I don't see how that relates to what I said?

It relates to your post because your post mentions rise in hate crime. 

Around the Network

There will always be a Fascist respons to everything that goes against their agenda. They want multiculturalism for a Odd reason all over the West but no one is playing by these Fascist rules and lies. There is no need for whatever they try to do.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

They're trying to control a difficult situation. Extreme Islamophobia will only help terrorists recruit & cause community tensions, hate crimes etc. Unfortunately a fair portions of the population can't contextualise terrorist attacks without directing hate to a whole community.

I don't think they should lie about anything but I think its a responsible thing to not overplay the religious aspect to a terrorist attack.

Normchacho said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-david-cameron-nigel-farage-council-of-europe-report-racist-violence-intolerance-hate-speech-a7345166.html

Funny how you have two stories on the same report where one talks about the EU DEMANDING! that British media stop pointing out when a terrorist is muslim, and another that talks about how white nationalism and hate crimes are on the rise in the UK.

But this exactly outlines the reasoning. Those white natioanlism crimes are driven by news regarding immigrants and terorist attcks etc. Considering the white nationalism crimes aren't exactly a solution to to the problem we're facing, why encourage them? They're crimes for a reason, its in the interest of no one for the UK to have to deal with more problems. The UK media have very little influence over terrorist activity. 

Reading that article, everything sounded fine for a good while. Then I came across this:

“In this context, it draws attention to a recent study by Teeside University suggesting that where the media stress the Muslim background of perpetrators of terrorist acts, and devote significant coverage to it, the violent backlash against Muslims is likely to be greater than in cases where the perpetrators’ motivation is downplayed or rejected in favour of alternative explanations.”

No, just no. I'm OK with not stressing the background too much, but downplaying or rejecting it is equally bad. Media should strive to expose the truth first, not hide it (which is, I suppose, an idealistic statement).

Around the Network
Barozi said:
"ordering" ? Typical anti EU bullshit and people like you are falling for it.

Some facts:
1. The ECRI is not the EU. Just like a British policeman is not the United Kingdom.
2. The ECRI doesn't have the power to order a country to do anything.
3. The article even calls it "recommendation" and that's exactly what this is.

You and your facts. The OP is not interested in those. He just wants drama and jstification for the brexit mistake. But alas, he will realise it as time goes by.

You know... t is ironic how Britain fought the discriminating nazi's in a world war and now here we are. The tables reversed. Pretty crazy.

Reporting facts is not discrimination. And all facts should be reported. This is an excellent example of the flaw of the EU, and of giant bureaucracies in general. The idea that the think they should filter the information the public receives is sickening.

Ahh yes Britain the country were the majority of people are descended from immigrants throughout the centuries yet immigration is the common scapegoat some people can't even tell the difference between the EU and ECRI as well, absolute circus this country is right now.

The Social Justice Warrior thing destroyed our society and minds in less than 5 years. It is our fault for accepting their Agenda and the price will be high.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:

Yes they are. Though I don't see how that relates to what I said?

It relates to your post because your post mentions rise in hate crime. 

Fair enough, though it is certainly true that the UK currently has a sizable xenophobia and anti-imigrant problem.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.