By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is the "Free" world losing its mind??

Normchacho said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-david-cameron-nigel-farage-council-of-europe-report-racist-violence-intolerance-hate-speech-a7345166.html

Funny how you have two stories on the same report where one talks about the EU DEMANDING! that British media stop pointing out when a terrorist is muslim, and another that talks about how white nationalism and hate crimes are on the rise in the UK.

Aren't Islamist attacks hate crime as well?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-david-cameron-nigel-farage-council-of-europe-report-racist-violence-intolerance-hate-speech-a7345166.html

Funny how you have two stories on the same report where one talks about the EU DEMANDING! that British media stop pointing out when a terrorist is muslim, and another that talks about how white nationalism and hate crimes are on the rise in the UK.

Yes they are. Though I don't see how that relates to what I said?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

KingCherry said:
Dunban67 said:

I agree-  I m american and even the basic freedoms expressed in our Constitutions have been eroded just in my lifetime

That is an amazing (amazingly sad) statistic about the child poverty levels in Leicester-  What are the basic causes behind those high poverty rates? 

1. Third World immigration, absolutely bleeding local councils dry. Where I live, most of the children and families living in poverty are the native Brits. Migrants get pushed to the front of the que. This in turn makes the locals bitter, and they're then branded racist for daring to complain. A totally miserable situation.

2. The UK is absolutely crumbling, and in my personal opinion, forced mass immigration is to blame. I see absolutely no benefit in a Somalian family arriving here here with 7 kids, to be housed, educated, given free healthcare and cash, with the family having zero intention of working. What makes it even more insulting, is we're supposed to be grateful for their diversity, they don't bring anything to the table and they're not wanted or needed here.

Blame cultural Marxism and The Frankfurt School...

As for not being allowed to name terrorists if they're Muslim? They're already kept off the chart for racist attacks and murder, see Charlene Downs & Paige Chivers for a great example, all in the name of social cohesion. This is just another page in the Leftie diversity book.

Oh, where to start with this. 

1. Immigration is a scapegoat for a significant lack of investment over the years. The Government of recent years made the mistake of assuming everything the Government spent money had a net loss for the Treasury (ignoring proper costs analysis or the medium to long-term effects of investment). A lot of the areas they've cut over the years are actually of benefit to the treasury in the medium to long-term in terms of increased tax revenue.

When you don't invest properly in local businesses, hospitals, schools, social care etc. you effectively bleed the councils dry before they've even had a chance to allocate the funding. Instead of blaming our politicians for their incompetence we seem to be blaming immigrants which effectively gives their incompetence a free pass.

Also, migrants don't get pushed to the front of the queue. Not even EU migrants get pushed to the front as they have specific eligibility criteria they need to meet, same as the locals. Now, either the migrants getting these benefits are a lot worse off than you think or you need to complain about the way the Government setup the eligibility criteria. Non-EU migrants are in an even worse as they have even stricter criteria to meet. 

2. What you described is most likely a refugee situation, and in those cases the families don't have the right to work and therefore can't rather than won't. Also, the family you describe are incredibly poor compared to the vast majority of people in the Country which contradicts your point about most poor being local Brits. Even then, its not exactly difficult to imagine most of the poor being local Brits considering they make up most of the UK population. 

Furthermore, if we look at actual economic migrants, they pay more in taxes than they take out in benefits, NHS, school and social care costs. The data is all there and flies in the face of the rhetoric in the papers. 

Currently in the UK we have some of the most incompetent and shameful politicians for generations (across the whole political spectrum), but people still just want to blame it on immigrants and let the politicians shit all over us.  

Background for anyone that doesn't know the Daily Express and the sort of publication it is.

The Express is one of the most notorious papers for anti-immigrant rhetoric and gets very close lying (if not outright lying) in many of their articles. This is the paper that put the shooting of a family in a small town in England on the front page and blamed immigrants. Problem is that it printed the report with no evidence of immigrants being involved and it turned out it was entirely a domestic spat involving only native Englanders.

It should come as no surprise that they were also incredibly pro-Brexit and anti-EU. They don't even pretend to be balanced.

Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:

It was the same group wanting to censore Muslim terro attacks that were talking about "a rise in racism" so i wold not trust their calculations for one-   The practical use of the term Racism and what are cosidered "racist" actions have beceom much broader -  Basically I wold nt trst the group that wants more censorship to provide acuarate or data on the same subject nor do i think ost people agree these days what is actually racist speach and or behavior- 

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
KingCherry said:

1. Third World immigration, absolutely bleeding local councils dry. Where I live, most of the children and families living in poverty are the native Brits. Migrants get pushed to the front of the que. This in turn makes the locals bitter, and they're then branded racist for daring to complain. A totally miserable situation.

2. The UK is absolutely crumbling, and in my personal opinion, forced mass immigration is to blame. I see absolutely no benefit in a Somalian family arriving here here with 7 kids, to be housed, educated, given free healthcare and cash, with the family having zero intention of working. What makes it even more insulting, is we're supposed to be grateful for their diversity, they don't bring anything to the table and they're not wanted or needed here.

As for not being allowed to name terrorists if they're Muslim? They're already kept off the chart for racist attacks and murder, see Charlene Downs & Paige Chivers for a great example, all in the name of social cohesion. This is just another page in the Leftie diversity book.

Oh, where to start with this. 

1. Immigration is a scapegoat for a significant lack of investment over the years. The Government of recent years made the mistake of assuming everything the Government spent money had a net loss for the Treasury (ignoring proper costs analysis or the medium to long-term effects of investment). A lot of the areas they've cut over the years are actually of benefit to the treasury in the medium to long-term in terms of increased tax revenue.

When you don't invest properly in local businesses, hospitals, schools, social care etc. you effectively bleed the councils dry before they've even had a chance to allocate the funding. Instead of blaming our politicians for their incompetence we seem to be blaming immigrants which effectively gives their incompetence a free pass.

Also, migrants don't get pushed to the front of the queue. Not even EU migrants get pushed to the front as they have specific eligibility criteria they need to meet, same as the locals. Now, either the migrants getting these benefits are a lot worse off than you think or you need to complain about the way the Government setup the eligibility criteria. Non-EU migrants are in an even worse as they have even stricter criteria to meet. 

2. What you described is most likely a refugee situation, and in those cases the families don't have the right to work and therefore can't rather than won't. Also, the family you describe are incredibly poor compared to the vast majority of people in the Country which contradicts your point about most poor being local Brits. Even then, its not exactly difficult to imagine most of the poor being local Brits considering they make up most of the UK population. 

Furthermore, if we look at actual economic migrants, they pay more in taxes than they take out in benefits, NHS, school and social care costs. The data is all there and flies in the face of the rhetoric in the papers. 

Currently in the UK we have some of the most incompetent and shameful politicians for generations (across the whole political spectrum), but people still just want to blame it on immigrants and let the politicians shit all over us.  

No, No No! You're wrong on everything, the typical hear-say, I want to look fair codswallop!

1, Nobody's giving politicians a free pass, they're to blame for allowing so many unskilled, useless Third World migrants into Britain. England, top benefit claimants by country of Birth: Somali, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian, Nigerian... Do you see the problem there? That swathe of migrants are a burden and bring absolutely nothing to the country. We even have to import more foreign medical staff to treat the influx of foreigners.

Third World migrants do get pushed to the front of the que. Have you not heard about foreigners arriving and getting free treatment on the NHS before UK Nationals on a waiting list? Criteria to meet, like they care?

2, The situation I'm most likely describing isn't a refugee system, it's the total shambles that is 'Means Tested' benefits. As for your warped logic regarding the migrant family I described, you're making no sense!

Economic migrants do not pay in more taxes than they take out in benefits, where do you get this from? They pay a paltry sum of tax, which on average doesn't even cover their offspring's schooling, their NHS care, social benefits, housing benefits & most importantly, for many, Working Tax Credits. The biggest flaw in your arguement is the long term pay-back. These migrants in future will be entitled to Standard State Pension, housing, Elderly care, NHS elderly medication & treatment, etc... This alone will break the nation, they are a complete and utter burden! Please, wake up!

As for politicians... Yesterday, the UK Labour Party appointed a hugely unintelligent, black racist woman, 'Diane Abbott', as Shadow Home Secretary. We are indeed living in dangerous times!

WolfpackN64 said:
KingCherry said:

I would like to adress one thing. There is NO such thing as "cultural Marxism".

...Cultural Marxism is a branch of western Marxism, different from the Marxism-Leninism of the old Soviet Union. It is commonly known as “multiculturalism” or, less formally, Political Correctness.

EU vs ethical problems, perhaps not writing about problems will solve the problem. This is advanced looking away from problema, what is next denying the attacks on Brussels and Paris where related to islamic terrorism. When religion is the main motivation behind a terrorist attack it should be named. When it isn't it should not be named, happens to be that most deaths occurring by terrorist attacks lately are due to IS soldiers with as main agenda spreading their vision of Islam.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

KingCherry said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I would like to adress one thing. There is NO such thing as "cultural Marxism".

...Cultural Marxism is a branch of western Marxism, different from the Marxism-Leninism of the old Soviet Union. It is commonly known as “multiculturalism” or, less formally, Political Correctness.

It can't be a branch of anything since it doesn't exist. The largest cultural theory in Marxist thought is the Cultural Hegemony theory by Antonio Gramsci and it describes how ruling elites manage to inscribe their values and ideas into the lower classes of society against these classes best interests.

Multiculturalism is something entirely different and Political Correctness has nothing to do with either.

If the report recommended that the media changes how it reports in relation to other minorities as well it would have more legitimacy. For instance, Antiemitism is also a growing problem in the UK and incidents rise every time there is a flare-up in Gaza, but the report makes no suggestion that the press changes how it covers Israel or anything else related to Jews. If you're going to limit freedom of the press and information for one ethnic group the same standards should apply when reporting on other ethnic groups.