By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Michel Ancel says Beyond Good & Evil 2 is now in pre-production !

Pre-production? It means that we won't see it before fall 2018 at best. Even if it is announced as NX exclusive, I believe Ubisoft will make it multiplatform like Rayman Legend or Zombi U. It's Ubisoft we are talking about after all. Anyway, I'm very happy, loved the first one!

Around the Network

Wow, could be a PS5 launch game then.

Surprised it is happening given the amount of time that has passed and the fact it will almost certainly lose money

I hope Ubisoft doesn't spend too much money on the game as it won't sell very well. But I'm overjoyed at this news. It's been a long wait.

I'm a huge fan of the original, so I'm genuinely excited about this. I just hope it's a multiplatform release. If it's an NX exclusive as some rumours have suggested I'm not sure if I'll be getting it then. I just can't afford more than one console at a time while also getting all the game's I want for them.

Mar1217 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I hope Ubisoft doesn't spend too much money on the game as it won't sell very well. But I'm overjoyed at this news. It's been a long wait.

The game could have been founded by Nintendo so Ubi would waste nothing on it :P

Oh good point. Maybe it's a Bayonetta 2 situation, hopefully minus the meltdowns.

Around the Network

I got beyond good and evil HD free on ps3 with ps plus. This announcement is motivating me to bump it up my backlog list!

Not very excited myself since Ubisoft's current modus operandi has been to make every game into some big open world with pockets of nebulous content with radio tower analogues. The Division, Watch Dogs, The Crew, Assassin's Creed, even Grow Home had some of this kreeping in. So I'll be excited when I see this isn't just another skin of The Ubisoft Game.

Risthel said:
Pre-production? It means that we won't see it before fall 2018 at best. Even if it is announced as NX exclusive, I believe Ubisoft will make it multiplatform like Rayman Legend or Zombi U. It's Ubisoft we are talking about after all. Anyway, I'm very happy, loved the first one!

It depends. If it's just NX exclusive, then it'll go to other platforms. But if it's Nintendo funded, goodbye multiplat. I honestly hope it's the former.

Is this announcement anything like when they announced it 8 years ago? Because they announced it 8 years ago.

sundin13 said:
Is this announcement anything like when they announced it 8 years ago? Because they announced it 8 years ago.

That's true! It's still on my Amazon.com wishlist from 2008