By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the 3DS cross 70M LT?

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

Last year hit 50m, in June this year sales were at 60m, at end of this year with holiday season easily will pass 63m.

System is so slow!? Compare sales of 3DS with sales of Vita of Wii U for instance, 3DS is by far currently best selling console this gen and only PS4 will surprised it in one point this gen.

Of course it's selling better than the 2 worst selling systems this Gen. But that's a given... I'd still say the sales have slowed down considerably. I don't really care at this point but really -comparing its sales to the Wii U and Vita? That's basically saying, "It isnt doing great but look at these! they're doing WORSE!" -that doesn't make the 3DS look better

What are you tell about Vita and Wii U sales if you saying 3DS sales are slow!? Like I wrote, 3DS is by far currently best selling console this gen and only PS4 will surprised it in one point this gen, it stil selling better than XB1.

Around the Network

I think it can, if not it will get very close anyways.

Nautilus said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

3DS official sales as for June 2016: 59.79 million. My predictions:

Q3 2016 - 1.50m (61.29m)
Q4 2016 - 4.50m (65.79m)
Q1 2017 - 0.70m (66.49m)
Q2 2017 - 0.50m (66.99m)
Q3 2017 - 0.45m (67.44m)
Q4 2017 - 1.20m (68.64m)
Q1 2018 - 0.30m (68.94m)
Q2 2018 - 0.25m (69.29m)
Q3 2018 - 0.20m (69.49m)
Q4 2018 - 0.50m (69.99m)

Another 10k in 2019 and here 70 million

3DS had already passed the 60 million mark as of beginning June:

http://nintendoeverything.com/may-2016-npd-nintendos-response-3ds-surpasses-60-million-worldwide-and-more/

Nope, that news is a fake.

Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:

Of course it's selling better than the 2 worst selling systems this Gen. But that's a given... I'd still say the sales have slowed down considerably. I don't really care at this point but really -comparing its sales to the Wii U and Vita? That's basically saying, "It isnt doing great but look at these! they're doing WORSE!" -that doesn't make the 3DS look better

What are you tell about Vita and Wii U sales if you saying 3DS sales are slow!? Like I wrote, 3DS is by far currently best selling console this gen and only PS4 will surprised it in one point this gen, it stil selling better than XB1.

The sales are slow, in my opinion. When compared to the sales of the DS or PSP -hell, even the GBA. I'm not comparing it to the Wii U because I consider handhelds and consoles different entities. The reason there was no Vita in my statement because that's irrelevant to my point. My point, my original point, was that the 3DS sales have been slow. It was not about comparing it to other game systems. I don't care about the sales of the Wii U, Vita, X1, or the PS4. They're irrelevant to what I was attempting to convey. 

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

The sales are slow, in my opinion. When compared to the sales of the DS or PSP -hell, even the GBA. I'm not comparing it to the Wii U because I consider handhelds and consoles different entities. The reason there was no Vita in my statement because that's irrelevant to my point. My point, my original point, was that the 3DS sales have been slow. It was not about comparing it to other game systems. I don't care about the sales of the Wii U, Vita, X1, or the PS4. They're irrelevant to what I was attempting to convey. 

You also said "It's been in the 50mill range for almost 3 years now, iirc. It's dead. It'll maybe make it to 63 if its lucky" so you are very obviously wrong.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:

You also said "It's been in the 50mill range for almost 3 years now, iirc. It's dead. It'll maybe make it to 63 if its lucky" so you are very obviously wrong.

I was corrected by someone else already. I didn't need additional clarification 

NX confirmed for launch in March means low holiday sales for 3DS unless there are major discounts to clear out stock. I doubt that in the final 6 months of a console's life as the current gen console it sells 10 million units.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ryng_Tolu said:
Nautilus said:

3DS had already passed the 60 million mark as of beginning June:

http://nintendoeverything.com/may-2016-npd-nintendos-response-3ds-surpasses-60-million-worldwide-and-more/

Really?Isnt that an official Nintendo statement?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Fake. You can see here all Nintendo official sales (shipments):

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html

Ryng_Tolu said:
Nautilus said:

Fake. You can see here all Nintendo official sales (shipments):

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html

Didnt know that.Thanks.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1