By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the 3DS cross 70M LT?

With the 3DS past its peak do you think it can still cross the 70 million units sold mark? I think It can with it probably making it into 2018 before its discontinued  It has the Pokemon Sun/Moon boost this holiday and games into 2017.

3DS rumour that was likely posted before just sharing...

Emily Rogers is reporting that Nintendo plans to support the popular Nintendo 3DS with software through till 2018. We already know that the Nintendo NX, which appears to be both the successor to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, is due to arrive in March 2017. There’s no indication of large first party titles coming to the platform once the Nintendo NX releases, but we could get a number of spin-offs and games that have yet to be localised for western territories.

Source: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/31/emily-rogers-nintendo-plans-to-support-nintendo-3ds-through-2018/

Around the Network

nope imo
people are saving there money for the nx
they dont want to waste it on old dated handheld

I don't think so. It'll probably pass 65 million, but the NX will probably prevent it from surpassing 70 million.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

I don't think so. It'll probably pass 65 million, but the NX will probably prevent it from surpassing 70 million.

i agree with you my friend 

Around 65m, but not 70m, specially if the NX is a handheld, and almost certainly if the NX is backwards compatibile

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

There will be a boost for Pokemon, so there is the possibility.. though I doubt it

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

princevenom said:
nope imo
people are saving there money for the nx
they dont want to waste it on old dated handheld

The 2DS is just 10 dollars more than a game lol. Although, I agree that it won't sell 70 million.

At this point, I'm not really sure. I used to think that it'd pass PSP in sales, but I was underestimating the impact of smartphones. Still, the 65m in sales is pretty damn good considering the circumstances.

Yes, it has a good chance.The 3DS already passed 60 million since June.From then until now, there has benn roughtly 4 months and the Pokemon Go boost.So I think its safe to say it must be around 61.5 million now.Assuming that it will sell around 2-2.5 million in the rest of the year, they would just need to sell an extra 6 million in the rest of its life, so I think ita more than possible.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Don't think so. NX will cut off 3DS sales next year. The highest lifetime number I can imagine for 3DS is 67M.