By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

Of the podcasts, Cafe Rene is my favourite to watch/listen to... mainly because they're willing to get high and drunk on the podcast and go. Paul London (who is on most episodes) gets trashed through the course of the podcast, and starts going off on all sorts of topics and things he doesn't like in modern wrestling :D

Lots and lots of good stories. Chris Masters is coffeed up, and gets high toward the end... and it goes like a half hour over :D

If you're interested in his thoughts on the jab by Triple H about his (Chris Masters') weight loss, he explains the situation.

They also talk Chris Benoit and talk how he and Eddie were very similar and the reverse - in that Eddie was angry on the surface and sweet beneath, but Benoit was sweet on the surface and angry beneath.

I think the whole conversation, imagine sitting at a booth in a pub, that's what this one is like. Lots of stories about coming up in the business and interactions with various guys, times they got in trouble... and they don't give a shit about what they say - which is refreshing (the polar opposite of some of the other shows that seem a little like they're holding back).

Here's a good clip about Ronda Rousey recently burying Prichard and Johnny Ace.

And the follow-up (which I haven't watched yet) features Rob Van Dam.

It's a dirty show, a bit of the opposite of say Bischoff and Conrad - which seems very professional (I still watch theirs). Dutch Mantel's is worth checking out, and Cornett is always worth it. Vince Russo, as I said, is super inconsistent, as I think I said a while ago, Russo probably has borderline personality disorder (or some kind of cluster B) - but he's crazy, everyone hates him, so its worth checking out.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 22 March 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Of the podcasts, Cafe Rene is my favourite to watch/listen to... mainly because they're willing to get high and drunk on the podcast and go. Paul London (who is on most episodes) gets trashed through the course of the podcast, and starts going off on all sorts of topics and things he doesn't like in modern wrestling :D

Lots and lots of good stories. Chris Masters is coffeed up, and gets high toward the end... and it goes like a half hour over :D

If you're interested in his thoughts on the jab by Triple H about his (Chris Masters') weight loss, he explains the situation.

They also talk Chris Benoit and talk how he and Eddie were very similar and the reverse - in that Eddie was angry on the surface and sweet beneath, but Benoit was sweet on the surface and angry beneath.

I think the whole conversation, imagine sitting at a booth in a pub, that's what this one is like. Lots of stories about coming up in the business and interactions with various guys, times they got in trouble... and they don't give a shit about what they say - which is refreshing (the polar opposite of some of the other shows that seem a little like they're holding back).

Here's a good clip about Ronda Rousey recently burying Prichard and Johnny Ace.

And the follow-up (which I haven't watched yet) features Rob Van Dam.

It's a dirty show, a bit of the opposite of say Bischoff and Conrad - which seems very professional (I still watch theirs). Dutch Mantel's is worth checking out, and Cornett is always worth it. Vince Russo, as I said, is super inconsistent, as I think I said a while ago, Russo probably has borderline personality disorder (or some kind of cluster B) - but he's crazy, everyone hates him, so its worth checking out.

Apparently Masters' is stii insisting that he didn't lose muscle due to getting off the juice, but as a result of him doing more cardio and less lifting and he didn't notice how much he was losing. I ain't buying that BS. Dude was obviously jacked to the gills and that was his whole gimmick. Unless he's a total moron, it didn't just escape his attention that he was losing muscle mass. Even if it wasn't basically his livelihood, guys that are that massive are definitely paying close attention to their weight. 

I don’t even think whether or not he was on roids is that controversial since lots of others were, and he was still bigger than them. If he was on roids, and quit, shouldn’t that be considered a good thing? Why blame him for that?

But either way, that’s not what the section of the podcast was about.

The controversy addressed in the podcast wasn’t about the steroid usage, but rather about Triple H’s comment about his weight-loss as a means to bury him. Masters said it bothered other people a lot more than it bothered him. But also admits it’s because he was green at the time, and didn’t think Triple H was actually trying to bury him. But Rene pointed out other examples of how Triple H was threatened by muscular wrestlers. Also, Masters pointed out that his absence wasn’t steroid related, but because he was in rehab for painkiller addiction.

All in all, if you’re looking for a fun and chill podcast with drunken Paul London antics, give it a listen. Some interesting stories.

Jumpin said:

I don’t even think whether or not he was on roids is that controversial since lots of others were, and he was still bigger than them. If he was on roids, and quit, shouldn’t that be considered a good thing? Why blame him for that?

But either way, that’s not what the section of the podcast was about.

The controversy addressed in the podcast wasn’t about the steroid usage, but rather about Triple H’s comment about his weight-loss as a means to bury him. Masters said it bothered other people a lot more than it bothered him. But also admits it’s because he was green at the time, and didn’t think Triple H was actually trying to bury him. But Rene pointed out other examples of how Triple H was threatened by muscular wrestlers. Also, Masters pointed out that his absence wasn’t steroid related, but because he was in rehab for painkiller addiction.

All in all, if you’re looking for a fun and chill podcast with drunken Paul London antics, give it a listen. Some interesting stories.

I'm not blaming him for it. I just find it funny that he's trying to sort of deny it. He's actually careful in the way he words it because he said he was not suspended for steroids, not that he wasn't on them or that he didn't get off them at the time. The loss of muscle mass was definitely not just him slipping a little on his fitness routine. 

As for the comment it was a little hypocritical because H underwent a similar but less extreme loss in mass a few years prior. That was also probably due to getting off the juice, although I'm somewhat less certain about that. Probably vs definitely. Dunno if it was anything particular towards masters. That was the kind of thing HHH did alot in his DX persona. But maybe he was trying to bury them all I guess. 

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 23 March 2024

Hello guys I am trying to find a good show to watch on WWE history. Which show would you recommend?

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

Hello guys I am trying to find a good show to watch on WWE history. Which show would you recommend?

Depends on who your favorite wrestlers and what kind of wrestling you like best.

Summerslam 2002, Wrestlemania 17, and Wrestlemania 30 are pretty good ones. 

Apparently MJF is no longer on the AEW Roster. If you search for him on AEW shop, you get...

Obviously, that's not an actual 404 error. So, one might thing that it's just an attempt to work fans. But, it's interesting to note that if you search for CM Punk merchandise, you get. 

This has fueled speculation that MJF may come to WWE to help Cody Rhodes in his title match. Cody Rhodes did make reference to MJF in a recent promo.

All of that said... I doubt that MJF won't be returning to AEW. It would be pretty insane for Tony Khan to have booked his last run the way he did without having MJF locked down to return. And, Tony is clearly willing to spend money as shown by recent high profile sigingings. But it is the wrestling business and these kinds of things do happen. 

The CM Punk, Seth and Drew segment was awesome tonight.

Edit: The Cody/Bloodline story just got intense tonight.

That beatdown at the end was great.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 26 March 2024

hellobion2 said:

If you're talking a show about WWE history, Jim Cornette has hundreds of hours of podcast material on WWE/wrestling history.

Many of the podcasts featuring older production guys and wrestlers are fairly good for that as well - especially if you're looking for obscure stories.

For more mainstream stuff, WWE has tons of programming on the WWE network, although I'm not sure where they store it since I think the WWE network no longer exists in some countries. They are transitioning to Netflix starting in 2025 when RAW goes on there - it's almost certain that their catalogue will follow along with their history programs. WWE, on their YouTube channel, is playing a 24/7 (the live section) classic matches from Wrestlemanias of the past.

Speaking of history, I came across this clip:

j3jv5Cb_x8A

(Sorry, embedding isn't working)

Last edited by Jumpin - on 26 March 2024

Well, that was an interesting promo with Punk.
He must have had to have had some of that stuff greenlit considering he plugged Jim Cornette's podcasts and the upcoming Netflix deal, plus the end of PG-rated RAW.