By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
JWeinCom said:

Seriously though, they're gonna get someone killed.

Not "someone" - its obviously gonna be Darby since he's the one who's doing all the high risk moves for some reason.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Seriously though, they're gonna get someone killed.

Not "someone" - its obviously gonna be Darby since he's the one who's doing all the high risk moves for some reason.

He's the most likely candidate, yes, but he's not the only person with an inexplicable desire to do things like go through a plate of glass. That's what started the whole thing with CM Punk. At least the second one.

As for Darby, he needs help. I'm not saying that as an insult, but he's obviously not thinking about what his body will be like at age 40, or 50 if he makes it there. Somebody should be telling him no. Especially beause the spot looked like shit anyway. Even if whichever Buck it was didn't move out of the way, Darby wouldn't have come close to hitting him. So it wasn't Darby putting his body on the line to win a match... it was just him jumping through a sheet of glass for the hell of it. 

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 06 March 2024

Because when I'm in a wrestling match, one of the main things I do is climb a ladder so I can do a flip through a glass table. Maybe the shattering glass will fly up and blind my opponent.

I mean, the fact he hurt himself is one thing, but this was indeed more "Jackass" than pro-wrestling, given the lack of kayfabe logic--unless his gimmick changed to  "bonehead" since the last time I saw AEW.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

On a side note, I've been watching a lot of Cafe De Rene, in terms of the pro-wrestling stuff. It's a much less bombastic podcast than say Cornette or Russo, and not as slick as Bischoff, but SO much information gets relayed, and the conversations are interesting. A lot of dirt digging, but also a lot of stories about the minor leagues and training schools, on top of the majors (WWE). People are fairly open on that show, they get personal, they'll drink booze, and have a good time on the show.

Also, Rene Dupree lives very close to where I'm currently living.

Here's a clip from one of the podcasts from last year, where London talks about the breaking of the friendship with Brian Kendrick.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 07 March 2024

Jumpin said:

Because when I'm in a wrestling match, one of the main things I do is climb a ladder so I can do a flip through a glass table. Maybe the shattering glass will fly up and blind my opponent.

I mean, the fact he hurt himself is one thing, but this was indeed more "Jackass" than pro-wrestling, given the lack of kayfabe logic--unless his gimmick changed to  "bonehead" since the last time I saw AEW.

Yeah. The only thing worse than a dangerous spot that looks good is a dangerous spot that looks like shit.

Around the Network

On that topic. Al Snow is pissed at what's happening in AEW with the dangerous spots, and believes someone is going to die in the ring. They go over a bunch of spots (its Russo's show, but there's two Russo personalities, the guy that hates the wrestling industry, and the guy that cares about it - this is the guy who cares about the wrestling industry).

Jumpin said:

On that topic. Al Snow is pissed at what's happening in AEW with the dangerous spots, and believes someone is going to die in the ring. They go over a bunch of spots (its Russo's show, but there's two Russo personalities, the guy that hates the wrestling industry, and the guy that cares about it - this is the guy who cares about the wrestling industry).

To be fair, I don't think the Madison Rayne spot belongs here. That one was more of a miscommunication than anyone doing anything inherently stupid. But other than that, yeah, he's right. Wrestling is always dangerous and if you complain about AEW in this regard, people will always point to Big E or something. But that's kind of the point. Even when you're doing relatively routine stuff, shit can go horribly wrong. No need to push your luck. There are lots of spots in AEW where it's not a matter of things going wrong or miscommunication, or whatever, it's just a case of people doing really dumb shit that ought not be done. There have been some very near misses where people have been within a few inches of career or life threatening injury, and eventually, the luck is going to run out. 

I love wrestling because it is the one sport that can unite old and young fans alike!!!!

BiON!@ 

"Mama Reigns"

lmao

Welp Adam Copeland won a match by hitting Christian in his genitals with a spiked bat. That is a thing that happened. RIP Christian's testicles. They're chilling with Rey's eye in heaven right now.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 20 March 2024