By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

I feel like Seth has to factor into the storyline somehow. I would say a tag match at some point before the match with Cody, but it seems a bit weird to let Cody and Roman have a match, even a tag, before mania. Generally you'd keep them apart as much as possible till then. 

They really should - that press conference, even if he didnt do as much, I think Seth should continue showing up in segments talking about Roman and Rock alongside Cody.

At the very least do that if not a tag team match.

I feel like Cody and Seth should form a faction to counter the Bloodline. To the point where I feel like RAW should be controlled by the Bloodline and the other faction controls Smackdown, with constant fighting going on and huge storylins at PPV events. Make this fued last for years, like a war between NWO and the rest. CM Punk should obviously be in the Work Hard faction with Seth and Cody.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I feel like Cody and Seth should form a faction to counter the Bloodline. To the point where I feel like RAW should be controlled by the Bloodline and the other faction controls Smackdown, with constant fighting going on and huge storylins at PPV events. Make this fued last for years, like a war between NWO and the rest. CM Punk should obviously be in the Work Hard faction with Seth and Cody.

They obviously wont do that lol

(Unfortunately)

I’m getting so much into pro-wrestling that I’ve started listening to some podcasters/commenters on the subject. I’m still a little unfamiliar with them, but there is one called Busted Open which is primarily hosted by Dave LaGreca (along with some wrestlers such as Bubba Ray) who had a response on the matter which I absolutely love. But first the background: the hosts were really emotional over Rock taking Cody’s spot, but many of their community were baffled how these guys couldn’t see it was a work. After the Thursday event, those people were laughing and saying “I told you so!” and such.

So, and I’m paraphrasing here, but Dave LaGreca’s response was something like: “Why not make the most of the experience by allowing yourself to get worked? What better way to enjoy the product I love than going along for the ride” Basically the exact opposite of Vince Russo who called people children for getting worked by the Cody/Rock angle. Basically, Busted Open are Smarks, guys who understand that it’s a work, and are embracing the story anyway, allowing themselves to enjoy it. They love the product, and guess what? Vince Russo hates it (his words - he said he hates the product but is interested in how the business works).

But anyway, I liked Busted Open’s response so much that I’m not going to analyze anymore. I’m going be a smark like them. And for No Escape/No Way Out/Elimination Chamber (whatever they brand it as) - I’m backing LA Knight and Liv Morgan.

Other podcasts/youtube shows that look interesting:

Eric Bischoff’s 83 Weeks (ft Conrad Thompson)

The Jim Cornette Experience (ft Brian Last)

Jim Cornette Drivethrough (ft Brian Last)

By my estimation, Jim Cornette produces about 276 hours of content per week.

Busted Open - I’ll keep listening to. And Vince Russo’s show I’ll dip into from time to time because (yeah, he’s an asshole, but) he has interesting insights.

On another note, former ECW guys are all over the wrestling podcast world, more than anyone else. I’m guessing it’s a New York City thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I’m getting so much into pro-wrestling that I’ve started listening to some podcasters/commenters on the subject. I’m still a little unfamiliar with them, but there is one called Busted Open which is primarily hosted by Dave LaGreca (along with some wrestlers such as Bubba Ray) who had a response on the matter which I absolutely love. But first the background: the hosts were really emotional over Rock taking Cody’s spot, but many of their community were baffled how these guys couldn’t see it was a work. After the Thursday event, those people were laughing and saying “I told you so!” and such.

So, and I’m paraphrasing here, but Dave LaGreca’s response was something like: “Why not make the most of the experience by allowing yourself to get worked? What better way to enjoy the product I love than going along for the ride” Basically the exact opposite of Vince Russo who called people children for getting worked by the Cody/Rock angle. Basically, Busted Open are Smarks, guys who understand that it’s a work, and are embracing the story anyway, allowing themselves to enjoy it. They love the product, and guess what? Vince Russo hates it (his words - he said he hates the product but is interested in how the business works).

But anyway, I liked Busted Open’s response so much that I’m not going to analyze anymore. I’m going be a smark like them. And for No Escape/No Way Out/Elimination Chamber (whatever they brand it as) - I’m backing LA Knight and Liv Morgan.

Other podcasts/youtube shows that look interesting:

Eric Bischoff’s 83 Weeks (ft Conrad Thompson)

The Jim Cornette Experience (ft Brian Last)

Jim Cornette Drivethrough (ft Brian Last)

By my estimation, Jim Cornette produces about 276 hours of content per week.

Busted Open - I’ll keep listening to. And Vince Russo’s show I’ll dip into from time to time because (yeah, he’s an asshole, but) he has interesting insights.

On another note, former ECW guys are all over the wrestling podcast world, more than anyone else. I’m guessing it’s a New York City thing.

Maven has an interesting youtube channel. Not quite a podcast, but more focussing on just giving a wrestler's perspective on certain things. Foley's podcast is good. I think Cornette only does the two podcasts, but they'll release lots of pieces as separate clips on youtube so it seems like more than it is. 

Mcyntyre should win the men's chamber. Only other choice is Sami if they finagle him back into it. LA Knight should face Logan Paul for the US title. Let him beat a heel champ instead of a face. 

For the women's... I don't know. There honestly isn't a great choice IMO. Bianca is the only person there I really buy as a legit challenger to Rhea but I dunno if the time is right for that match. Becky seems like the obvious choice, but that match just doesn't do it for me. I think it would work if Rhea was actually a heel, but she's not. So, it's a face vs face match and those usually don't work. 

JWeinCom said:

Maven has an interesting youtube channel. Not quite a podcast, but more focussing on just giving a wrestler's perspective on certain things. Foley's podcast is good. I think Cornette only does the two podcasts, but they'll release lots of pieces as separate clips on youtube so it seems like more than it is. 

Mcyntyre should win the men's chamber. Only other choice is Sami if they finagle him back into it. LA Knight should face Logan Paul for the US title. Let him beat a heel champ instead of a face. 

For the women's... I don't know. There honestly isn't a great choice IMO. Bianca is the only person there I really buy as a legit challenger to Rhea but I dunno if the time is right for that match. Becky seems like the obvious choice, but that match just doesn't do it for me. I think it would work if Rhea was actually a heel, but she's not. So, it's a face vs face match and those usually don't work. 

Agreed, let LA Knight get the US title.

Drew needs a win for the title, have him feud against Sami till Sami wins it at Summerslam

Bianca and Jade need to team up to go after the Women's tag team - let her have some experience that way and afterwards go after the Women's title.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Agreed, let LA Knight get the US title.

Drew needs a win for the title, have him feud against Sami till Sami wins it at Summerslam

Bianca and Jade need to team up to go after the Women's tag team - let her have some experience that way and afterwards go after the Women's title.

Was going to say that for Bianca and Jade. Elevate the women's tag titles while Jade gets experience. Then have a mega powers explode scenario.

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to move the conversation on Vince to a different thread.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The greatest theme of any wresltler is the undertaker theme. If there is one better please tell me!

BiON!@ 

Prediction: Rock will cost Roman the match and Cody will win the title.

This will set up Rock VS Reigns at either WM 2025 or the next Saudi event (which will then go to WM 2025 kinda like how Rock VS Cena had 2 parts).

The way that segment was shot tonight and with Rock not quite doing the "one" right has me thinking he and Cody are secretly in cohoots. And when the time comes at WrestleMania and the moment of truth arrives, Rock will turn on Roman, cost him the title, and help Cody finish his story which will then plant the seeds for the Rock/Roman match to finally happen at next year's WM.