By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I didn't say anything. First I saw of it, it was selling out already.

Tease.

Around the Network

I was wrong, even though I am a Nintendo core fan.

I thought the Wii name was horrible and that everyone would hate it.

I love the Wii name now, and so does everyone I know.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Not sure what it's doing for the future of videogames other than focusing on a pointing device, which PCs have done for quite some time. I suppose it could start a trend of low-spec consoles and that doesn't excite me at all. Thankfully third parties are still releasing most of their major games on higher spec systems and experimenting with the Wii. I'll take a few quality party titles a year from Nintendo and be happy enough with the purchase, I guess.

I've never made predictions other than the fact that the Wii isn't going to kill the other 2 systems, and seeing that come true means I'm not yet wrong about anything. I suppose I didn't think it would do as well as it is, but like I said, I don't think it's changing much for the future. I guess we'll see.

I was wrong.

I was wrong when I thought that it wouldn't eat this big of a market share (I believed sony would be leading at this point back before the release of the 360). I'm quite suprised it was this big of a success.

I was also wrong that nintendo shot itself in the foot when it chose "wii" as it's title, it actually makes in stand out more.

Nobody in their right minds could of predicted the wii's success, not even in Nintendo's craziest dreams did they think this would happen.

Around the Network

John lucas predicted the wii would be a run off success and sell out through all of 2007 and most of 2008(which is coming to a hault in OTHERS, and japan).

On topic:

I didnt say anything either, but I have to admit I was wrong in my prediction that the wii would stop selling out when it passes the gamecube in sales.

mM

I too, was wrong, i thought it sounded ok when it was called the Revolution (because in a way, it is a gaming revolution) but then they named it the Wii (you have to admit, its quite an "unorthodox" name compared to ps3 and X360), i too thought this is Game Cube all over again..........

I saw the specs and was like wth?? didn't they learn from the last gen?? ppl want a console so powerful it could blow up their TV's!, but the market, yet again has taken an unexpected twist towards innovation more then just straight power. (which is why DS is owning PSP too, because the touch screen is a world first, not to mention i has 2 screens, the same as their good old play and watch).

I was wrong

BUT

I think the people who said the PS3 would get discontinued last year (half the ninty fanboys on this site) should make a Similar thread..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ok, alright.. jesus

I was wrong about the success of the wii, i though it was a gimmick starting the name all the way the wiimote. But i was proven wrong and i admit it.

ps. i am going to vomit.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I was quite wrong as well.

I actually loved both the name and the control scheme first time I saw it, but had little to no faith in any big measure of success. Kinda glad I was wrong sometimes, I do feel that Nintendo deserved a break from the horrid two previous generations and I do want them to stay in the game (so to speak) and not end up like Sega (no worries now though).

Surprisingly, no one has entered the thread to tell us how stupid we are or attack the basal points we jus admitted fault in, I've made such a thread before, and it did not end well, resulting in a pope-bashing fest the likes of which has rarely been seen out of the Vatican City.