By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ironmanDX said:
I too, was wrong, i thought it sounded ok when it was called the Revolution (because in a way, it is a gaming revolution) but then they named it the Wii (you have to admit, its quite an "unorthodox" name compared to ps3 and X360), i too thought this is Game Cube all over again..........

I saw the specs and was like wth?? didn't they learn from the last gen?? ppl want a console so powerful it could blow up their TV's!, but the market, yet again has taken an unexpected twist towards innovation more then just straight power. (which is why DS is owning PSP too, because the touch screen is a world first, not to mention i has 2 screens, the same as their good old play and watch).

I just want to comment on how dumb that line of thought is. In order for that to be true, the GC would have to be just 2 or 3 times as powerful as the N64, and lost horribly to the PS2. As the GC was slightly more powerful, and lost horribly to the PS2, it just proves that Nintendo DID learn from last gen (that having higher specs is not a selling point), and all the bashers were deliberately ignoring that.

Or course the bashers still refuse to eat that illogical, completely counter to history, crow, and use it to justify why the Wii will eventually fail (not necessarily you, I mean others).

So you got your comment on that, Mummelmann.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
ironmanDX said:
I too, was wrong, i thought it sounded ok when it was called the Revolution (because in a way, it is a gaming revolution) but then they named it the Wii (you have to admit, its quite an "unorthodox" name compared to ps3 and X360), i too thought this is Game Cube all over again..........

I saw the specs and was like wth?? didn't they learn from the last gen?? ppl want a console so powerful it could blow up their TV's!, but the market, yet again has taken an unexpected twist towards innovation more then just straight power. (which is why DS is owning PSP too, because the touch screen is a world first, not to mention i has 2 screens, the same as their good old play and watch).

I just want to comment on how dumb that line of thought is. In order for that to be true, the GC would have to be just 2 or 3 times as powerful as the N64, and lost horribly to the PS2. As the GC was slightly more powerful, and lost horribly to the PS2, it just proves that Nintendo DID learn from last gen (that having higher specs is not a selling point), and all the bashers were deliberately ignoring that.

Or course the bashers still refuse to eat that illogical, completely counter to history, crow, and use it to justify why the Wii will eventually fail (not necessarily you, I mean others).

Did i mention that every console that won the generation had the weakest processing power?(including the SNES and the PS). Even "blast processing" can't save them. 

I doupted when I heard they were calling it the Wii.... But the name grew on me and I now realize how incredibly annoying it would be to call it the Revolution.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I was wrong calling the Wii a gimmick, which in general aspect it's not. I failed to realize that the Wii-mote is rather interesting and I thought this system will sell like how the Gamecube did.

I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But for real, I need a Wii ASAP!!!!!!! :D

blackbird3216 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ironmanDX said:

Did i mention that every console that won the generation had the weakest processing power?(including the SNES and the PS). Even "blast processing" can't save them.

Not quite. The Dreamcast was the least powerful system of the 6th gen, coming out a year befor the others.  The Saturn was also just a little shore of the PS1. Then we have the 5th gen, where the Turbo Grafix 16 seemed to have the least power.

Yet it does show that having the most power is not how to win either. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Seems alot of people were wrong.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
misteromar mk4 said:
I told you all:)

Do you have a link to where this happened? I don't seem to remember discussing this with you before the Wii came out....or ever for that matter.

To Each Man, Responsibility

haha you guys are ALL wrong!!!!!!!!!!
lol
srry i had to spit that out!!!

i wasn't wrong

i always thought the wii would be the biggest system this gen, but i didn't think it would put up bigger numbers than the DS

I was cheese. I didn't expect it to taste so good, but it did and I was blown away. But I think that once I refrigerate it, it won't taste nearly as good.