By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I was one of the first and only people to back John Lucas' 'crazy' prediction the Wii would sell 20m by end of '07 and be the dominate system. However, I don't think I've agreed with JL since.

This is an interesting thread to see though because there's a saying that all great truths/ideas go through 3 stages:
1) Ridicule
2) Vemonous denial
3) Acceptance as obvious fact.

Guess we reached stage 3 at last.

Around the Network

haha all of you were wrong,

but there is one person who i am expected to post here but they havent, i wonder if they will?

What if I didn't doubt the Wii as a successful console, and even gave it a shot at being the generation leader, but didn't envision 17 months of shortages in the US?

I had little doubts of it being 1st place at some point, but I wanted that to happen.

That said, I'm wrong and I'm glad that Nintendo is doing so great!

Only complaint with the Wii is that it needs more amazing games, despite we have SMG and SSBB, but it looks like we're getting there now thanks to them. Just hope it'll get as many good games as the DS in the future.

I was wrong about Sony, I thought they would be neck and neck with the Wii while the Wii maintained a steady lead, booo Sony, now they have to fight to catch the 360 which I figured would come last and do maybe twice as good as the original x box in life time sales.

Keep it real guys, dont hate mario, hate the player

Currently playing:
Geometry Wars galaxies, Animal Crossing wild world, Pangya swing with style, SSX Blur

Around the Network

I admit that I was at least partially wrong about the Wii, for a brief time after its announcement. I did think that the Wii Remote was a great idea, but I had this funny idea that Sony would somehow counter their innovations and nullify them like they had with the Dual Analog and DualShock to counter the N64's analog stick and Rumble Pak. E3 2006 showed me that not only was I wrong about this, but that Sony was entirely unable to spot that their competition had just rendered them obsolete.

It took about 2 months for the reality of that fact to fully sink in. It took another 6 months for me to decide that I wanted to get a Wii near launch instead of my usual waiting for a price drop. And it took me 1 month after that to actually find one.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

11ht11 said:
haha all of you were wrong,

but there is one person who i am expected to post here but they havent, i wonder if they will?

I doubt Joel (leo-j) will post in this thread....... he posted this week that he believes Wii popularity is almost over, almost everyone who wants one has one. He's had way too much of the Sony Kool Aid.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

lol every one who wants one has one but the sales keep spiking lol... makes alot of sence, that leo is silly...

Keep it real guys, dont hate mario, hate the player

Currently playing:
Geometry Wars galaxies, Animal Crossing wild world, Pangya swing with style, SSX Blur

BTW, I was wrong. I always wanted Nintendo to win, but Sony had pounded them so hard the last 2 gens, it just didn't seem likely. I actually bought a PS3 at launch (camped out). After getting the PS3, the store asked if any of would be waiting to get a Wii, we could get right in the line and still get one. I was pretty sure I would buy a Wii eventually. But after spending $599 it wasn't going to be then.

I didn't get a Wii in June '07. Now I no longer have a PS3 (had no patience to wait through the ridiculous drought of no games), but Wii60. I am glad Wii will probably win the generation, and really don't care who comes in second. I think the 360 had a great 2007, but Sony is going to take second in 2008.

I was sure Sony would win, and wanted them to do better than MS. At the time I felt with MS already in our lives too much with windows, office, etc, and Sony's history with 2 great consoles it would dominate. But to be honest, I have always liked Ninty consoles the best, and even loved the purple lunchbox more than my PS2 (which I also love).

Even though they won the HD format war, it really bothers me that Sony was willing to risk it's goodwill and reputation with gamers to push a media player format. This has ended up in their favor, but might not have. And I still think MS is too intrusive in our lives.

It's also nice to see a 3,000 employee company not only compete but win against 2 huge corporations that are much larger than just their gaming divisions. It means the littler guy (and yes Ninty IS the David) can compete against these 2 Goliath giant companies.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

It's surprisingly easy to take on a large corporation, in theory at least. All you need is an innovation that's so out there yet so user friendly that your corporate competitors won't dare copy it in its entirety for fear of losing customer support should the innovation somehow fail. The further you have to fall, the more afraid you become of falling.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.