By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
I'm a bit surprised that the Uncharted bundle did 100k while the madden did 60k last month but on Amazon the rankings were very far from each other. Like I said before this can indicate that the madden bundles and other bundles sell better at retail than online.

I think that this is the X factor of the difference between spots in the rank. The difference between 1 and 100 can be  of a few thousands.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
October will be an easy Xbox one wins in my opinion. It's obvius that there is something wrong with Xbox one on Amazon right now.

If it outsold PS4 by almost 50k in September, October is literally almost a given. And no, VR won't do nothing.

October is the month of Battlefield 1 with the XBOX marketing, and Gears of War for almost the intere month, both with a bundle, while PS4 sales will get eaten by the Pro releasing next motnh.

I think XBO/PS4 October should be at least as big as in September, aka >50k for XBO.

Gears of War 4 is a think, but even the The Division bundle (the biggest new franchise of this generation, atleast before Overwatch) was unable to do big numbers for the Xbox One.

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:

Why get 10% when you can get 30% plus they're physical copies and therefore have trade in value. 

I'm' not disagreeing with you just pointing that out. Madden sold like above 750k in Sep and around 900k ins Aug. That's a large amount of people getting the game later.

What game is Madden ? i heard that it was the 2 best selling game in the USA last year, but I never heard  about it before.

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

I'm' not disagreeing with you just pointing that out. Madden sold like above 750k in Sep and around 900k ins Aug. That's a large amount of people getting the game later.

What game is Madden ? i heard that it was the 2 best selling game in the USA last year, but I never heard  about it before.

It's a game about American football (specifically the NFL) which is by far our biggest sport over here. It's called Madden after John Madden , a famed coach of the Oakland Raiders and commentator, who advised EA on how the game should play and used to appear in the game itself.

P.S. I agree with people saying October will be another Xbox month, as the Battlefield bundles will do what the free game deal did for it last month. The ps pro is eating into the slim's sales even more than Sony expected, I wager (it's already at #99 in the yearly chart!). But yes, both ps4 and xbox sales seem off right now, due to Amazon having neither the Halo or Black Ops 3 bundles in stock.

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#05 PSVR Launch Bundle (same)
#10 PSVR Headset (down 2)
#27 PS4 Pro (up 1)*
#47 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)
#52 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 6)
#68 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 1)
#75 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 4)
#88 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 1)
#97 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (re-entry)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#08 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1)
#61 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 1)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The way the Pro fluctuates between #26 and #28 shows (to me) that it's definitely reached the point in the charts where the software is stopping it rising any further. I'm confident now that if it wasn't for all the compelling software at the moment, ALL the console on Amazon would be at least 10 places higher. The question now is, if the Halo Bundle was on Amazon would it be above the Fool's Edition? For me, that's the deciding factor to decide who wins this month.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

So, PS4 is killing it on Amazon, but the XBO is killing it on Gamestop (mainly due to people picking up the still available $249 bundles.) They're definitely going to do some cancelling out of each other. While I have changed my mind and think XBO will take Oct, I think it won't be any larger than Sept, probably a smaller gap. Nov, however, is easily going to the PS4 by at least 150K-200K, maybe more, basically negating any gains the XBO made the past 4 months.

Pionner said:
GameStop
Overall charts http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,134f

Sorry if i ask again but i think is legit i have some doubt, are you really 100% sure this is the list of BEST SELLERS?

Cause every time i open that list i see most of times (90% i swear) 3DS on top, and while as all know i would love it, i also have my doubts...

good for the ps4 in the usa.
in germany amazon bestseller are 4 ps4 bundle now - in the top 13!!! 0 other hardware's. that is awesome !!

thismeintiel said:

So, PS4 is killing it on Amazon, but the XBO is killing it on Gamestop (mainly due to people picking up the still available $249 bundles.) They're definitely going to do some cancelling out of each other. While I have changed my mind and think XBO will take Oct, I think it won't be any larger than Sept, probably a smaller gap. Nov, however, is easily going to the PS4 by at least 150K-200K, maybe more, basically negating any gains the XBO made the past 4 months.

Its difficult, as we dont generally know the deals that are happening in the stores which will change how amazon is reflected.

I think there is a chance with gamestop deals and the pro stealing lots of orders, that XBO could definately win OCT... I do agree with you though that whatever XBO does now, will easily get wiped out by Sony in Nov/Dec, which is quite ironic as its doing exactly what XBO said was important last year. Perhaps sony is happy to lose the odd month now and basically wait for the moments where they will get the best situation for them without dropping the price.... well at least it makes it interesting :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
thismeintiel said:

Its difficult, as we dont generally know the deals that are happening in the stores which will change how amazon is reflected.

I think there is a chance with gamestop deals and the pro stealing lots of orders, that XBO could definately win OCT... I do agree with you though that whatever XBO does now, will easily get wiped out by Sony in Nov/Dec, which is quite ironic as its doing exactly what XBO said was important last year. Perhaps sony is happy to lose the odd month now and basically wait for the moments where they will get the best situation for them without dropping the price.... well at least it makes it interesting :D

Sony is still outselling worldwide, they have a holidays coming and a new product.  

Xbox should try to become more popular in other countries, but they never do.